forum

How does one get good enough to do the big black?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Worship_old
How can you just get good enough to do a beatmap that hard and fast? The common answer is play alot! but let's be real here, a song like the big black, air man, freedom dive, all these really really hard ones are SO FAST, on top of that you have to have good accuracy or you're just going to fail. like even if you don't miss notes completely, you just get 100s or 50s on everything you will still die. being that fast - and that accurate just seems so unreachable... i would assume you would need to memorize the beat map first, and then work up to that speed and accuracy? can anyone give some insight? I'm fairly new and working up to 5 star maps. and i play a good amount every day, but it just doesn't seem like i would be able to ever complete bigblack without anything more than a D on no fail.
MrPop
Natural Talent :?
deadbeat
doubletime everything
dNextGen
throw life,spend whole year training those maps

maps mentioned above are kind of retarded anyway,dunno why people bother playin them,but that's just me
silmarilen
run around your house 3 times while singing never gonna give you up, then throw a knife at your dog (if you dont have a dog just give up trying already) and if he dies you will be able to do big black
Liiraye
You're wrong tho. Those maps and those like them difficulty wise usually have around 5 hpdrain. You don't need good acc to survive.

It takes time I guess. Once you can read ar10+ those maps become easier. tbb only has 180 bpm so its all about jumps, freedom dive needs a constant 220 bpm stream which is very hard, on the other hand the jumps are fairly easy. Airman has easy jumps and barely any streams. You'll get it eventually.
Naikaze
TBB's actually 360-- no, 720bpm even.
silmarilen
and yet its all just playable as 180 bpm 1/4s
Kanye West

silmarilen wrote:

and yet its all just playable as 180 bpm 1/4s
yeah this

big black is entirely an aim map

it actually isn't even that fast
Ekaru
First you need to have experience with a lot of smaller ones before you can work your way up to the big ones. Get what I mean? :)

I'm sorry.
Alucard
ITT: Inspiration and Hope