forum

Is there a particular requirement for starting your own modding queue?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RelicSpoon
Just need some answers just to make sure I'm not being an idiot.
Also is stuff like Hype 4 Hype allowed there?

Also not sure if this is the right place to ask this question
P_O
No there isn't.

Of course your mods will more likely be helpful when you have decent grasp of mapping in general. Anyway there is always people who are in need of mods and pretty much anyone willing to mod is fine for them.

If you want to see how people like your mods maybe m4m is good way to start, of course you can make your own que too and gain experience that way.

Not sure about hype 4 hype but i believe it is allowed.
Essentori
Just a quick note: Don't be TOO subjective with anything you like or not and try to HELP the maps to be correct, complete and playable, rather than "I would like to this be like this cuz I think it suits me better this way".
Asphiee
Just having the basic knowledge of mapping will help you save from future embarrassment since as newbie modder you can't avoid posting suggestions that mapper(s) might find hilarious, so to lessen that, having a good grasp of the basics might help.

Also, the most important thing is to always observe etiquette and showing good behavior towards mappers. Arrogance is a natural progress of things especially when you accumulate enough experience as modder, it's only a bad thing when you show bad behavior towards newer mappers or not soundly accepting the mappers' decision why they don't want to apply your mods.

Attitude > Experience ☑️
Experience > Attitude ❌

That's all it matters. Be humble.

Edit:

H4H is allowed