forum

Setting Clarification [Editor > General > BG Video]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
OsuMagic360
Problem:
Currently, there is an option to disable the background video while in the editor in the settings tab, however it also disables the storyboard (which currently looks like it breaks because objects are still 'in' the editor, just appear as 0x0 pixels in the top left when looking at the design tab) although the option doesn't say it does that in it's name/description.

This creates confusion (for me at least) because I didn't know this happened and thought my editor was broken because of the 0x0 images in the top left of design tab.

Suggested Fixes:

Starting off with the option I would prefer is to have 2 settings, "Background Video" which would enable/disable only videos and "Storyboard" which would enable/disable only storyboards. This would allow users to selectively disable certain background elements which would be useful for people who want to storyboard without seeing videos to TV Size maps while they mod (very specific example I know). Also for the "Storyboard setting, I suggest it moves the image to be off screen in the bottom left so that the text doesn't appear or the design tab could just be locked all together to where when clicked with Storyboards disabled, it would say something like "Enable "Storyboard" in editor settings to view the design tab" to make the design tab look not broken.

Another fix could also just be renaming "Background Video" to something like "Advanced Visuals" or "Storyboard and Background Video" to make it clear that the option disables both of these things, however I wouldn't recommend this as much just because I would personally prefer having them separate settings but either solution would help.
abraker
Should be renamed.

Other suggestions are out of scope: https://github.com/ppy/osu-stable-issues/issues/717#issuecomment-813312060