forum

Infringement mistakenly given by BanchoBot! [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Nano -
My friend Project Railgun ( http://osu.ppy.sh/u/Project%20Railgun ) and I were on personal chat a minute ago after he had finished playing a map. I suppose he was very into it after failing an insane map so I ask him how he failed. He began telling me when suddenly, he was "silenced" by the BanchoBot for five minutes. I look at his profile now and he has an infringement, lowering his account status.

In no way was he spamming me with anything dangerous, like malware/phishing links. He was only enjoying his game and happened to get very into it when he was telling me about it.

I think this is a technical failure on the BanchoBot's side. I understand BanchoBot protection exists for the sole purpose of helping others.

In other words, my friend was mistakenly reported by the BanchoBot and I would like the infringement to be lifted.

Thank you for your time.

If this happens to be in the wrong section/thread, I apologise in advance and ask that you move it. Thank you!
XPJ38
It's just a 5 minute-long silence, he doesn't have to worry. The infringement will disappear after one or two months.

If you would like to contest, please send an email to osu@ppy.sh with serious proof.
Enzo_old

XPJ38 wrote:

The infringement will disappear after one or two months.
O_O?? wasn't it of 2weeks???
XPJ38
I don't recall exactly to be honest :?
Topic Starter
- Nano -

XPJ38 wrote:

It's just a 5 minute-long silence, he doesn't have to worry. The infringement will disappear after one or two months.

If you would like to contest, please send an email to osu@ppy.sh with serious proof.
If the infringement doesn't disappear like you said, then I'll report it.

I think he should be fine. Like I said, BanchoBot mistake.

Thank you two.
MillhioreF
Infringements disappear from the profile after 2 weeks of good behavior, but they're kept track of internally for a couple months.
Enzo_old

MillhioreF wrote:

Infringements disappear from the profile after 2 weeks of good behavior, but they're kept track of internally for a couple months.
Oh ok, thanks for explaining.
Eni
Hi all,

As GaryDX25 states, I received a spamming infringement for replying too quickly in a personal chat. I hope that this issue will be resolved over the course of these next two weeks.