forum

Need a suggestion on my map

posted
Total Posts

Should I keep the full 4:33 of the song or just cut it and make a full spread?

Keep it!
100.00%
Cut it!
0.00%
Total votes: 2
Topic Starter
ItsNobii
Hi all! So I'm mapping "nameless color" by fhána and I need some help. The song is around 4 and a half minutes long but it's a little repetitive at times. Should I just keep the full song and only map like one diff or just make a cut version and map a full spread? By the way, the goal for difficulty is between 6 and 6.5 stars. At the minimum, it'll be high 5 star territory.

Thanks in advance.
DeletedUser_13957006
you still have to map more than one diff regardless because the song is not longer than 5 minutes
Topic Starter
ItsNobii

Aiq wrote:

you still have to map more than one diff regardless because the song is not longer than 5 minutes
Aren’t there certain rules for how many diffs you have to complete depending on the length of the map? Also, I see ranked maps all the time that are shorter than 5 minutes but with only one difficulty. Are these just exceptions?
KumiDaiko
if it's easier than extra then yes
Topic Starter
ItsNobii

KumiDaiko wrote:

if it's easier than extra then yes
It'll be Extra (or higher)
Zelzatter Zero

ItsNobii wrote:

Aren’t there certain rules for how many diffs you have to complete depending on the length of the map? Also, I see ranked maps all the time that are shorter than 5 minutes but with only one difficulty. Are these just exceptions?
There isn't a certain rule on how much diffs you have, but there IS a rule that determines the lowest difficulty depending on the length of the map.

The reason why some sets have only one difficulty despite not meeting the 5-min mark was also for that: they met the requirements for the lowest difficulty of the certain length. For example, if your map is 4:40 long then a single Insane difficulty is fine, but a single Expert difficulty isn't, as Expert isn't the lowest difficulty required for that length.
DeletedUser_13957006
then you'll need 2 diffs or more
Topic Starter
ItsNobii

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

ItsNobii wrote:

There isn't a certain rule on how much diffs you have, but there IS a rule that determines the lowest difficulty depending on the length of the map.

The reason why some sets have only one difficulty despite not meeting the 5-min mark was also for that: they met the requirements for the lowest difficulty of the certain length. For example, if your map is 4:40 long then a single Insane difficulty is fine, but a single Expert difficulty isn't, as Expert isn't the lowest difficulty required for that length.
Got it, thank you!

Either way, I'm still kind of up in the air about whether to just map 2 diffs of the full song (which as I said earlier is a little repetitive) or just cut it into a shorter song and map a full spread from n00b to expert.