forum

Having a problem with the preview of my maps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiraya Sayuki
So, in the past few months I've encountered some problems with the preview points of my beatmaps. Even if I set it in the beatmap from the timing window(the one on the top bar) it still doesn't work, so I don't know what's the problem, any help it's useful thanks.
Topic Starter
Shiraya Sayuki
Well I'm doomed.
Zelzatter Zero
can you give me one of your maps? In my side it still works as intended just fine.
Topic Starter
Shiraya Sayuki

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

can you give me one of your maps? In my side it still works as intended just fine.
beatmapsets/1511316#osu/3094676
Topic Starter
Shiraya Sayuki

JeokHwa wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

beatmapsets/1511316#osu/3094676
Nice I'm being ignored even for a problem like this.
ZevinLevin
Hello there, I looked into it and the common thing I see in your beatmaps for which the web preview doesn't work is that the Properties panel doesn't display Length or Bit rate as shown below.

Normally, it should look like the following screenshot.

Your maps which use mp3 files provided in the featured artist listing seem fine, so I assume the source(s) you are using for your other maps may be the cause of the issue.
I personally use youtube-dl to convert Youtube to mp3, which has worked fine so far.
Zelzatter Zero
Thanks Vnce for indicating me that the audio file itself isn't originally in .mp3

Further inspection in Spek shows that the file is actually .aac file:
(you can see the encoding right below the filepath):

In comparison, here's the actual .mp3 file that I take it in my map right below your set:

And provide that one of your set works fine and it's a real .mp3 file I think it matches.

Next time please convert the file with a program and not just changing the file extension and call it a day. It won't work by a long shot.
Topic Starter
Shiraya Sayuki

Vncegd wrote:

Hello there, I looked into it and the common thing I see in your beatmaps for which the web preview doesn't work is that the Properties panel doesn't display Length or Bit rate as shown below.

Normally, it should look like the following screenshot.

Your maps which use mp3 files provided in the featured artist listing seem fine, so I assume the source(s) you are using for your other maps may be the cause of the issue.
I personally use youtube-dl to convert Youtube to mp3, which has worked fine so far.

Do you use anny programs for mp3 file converting?
KumiDaiko
lol just use online mp3 converter
Topic Starter
Shiraya Sayuki

KumiDaiko wrote:

lol just use online mp3 converter
Already did mate multiple times, the problem still remains.
ZevinLevin

JeokHwa wrote:

Do you use anny programs for mp3 file converting?
I use youtube-dl to convert Youtube to mp3, which is a command-line program. The following command does the job for me:
youtube-dl -x --audio-format mp3 <youtube-link>

The Github page should be able to guide you through installation, but if you try to use it and run into issues feel free to message me.
DeletedUser_13957006
please don't actually use any youtube to mp3 converters or downloaders unless it's the only thing you can do

youtube mp3 quality is capped at 128kbps which is kinda awful to work with, especially since osu seems to lower the volume of the song when downloaded from any yt to mp3 converter

if you want to convert .aac to .mp3, just use audacity or a DAW (such as FL studio) if you have it
Topic Starter
Shiraya Sayuki

Aiq wrote:

please don't actually use any youtube to mp3 converters or downloaders unless it's the only thing you can do

youtube mp3 quality is capped at 128kbps which is kinda awful to work with, especially since osu seems to lower the volume of the song when downloaded from any yt to mp3 converter

if you want to convert .aac to .mp3, just use audacity or a DAW (such as FL studio) if you have it

How do you convert .acc to mp3 via audacity? (Sorry can't do it)
DeletedUser_13957006

JeokHwa wrote:

Aiq wrote:

How do you convert .acc to mp3 via audacity? (Sorry can't do it)
just drag the .aac file into audacity, press Export on the File tab and select mp3 (also select an option with the name "Constant")

that's it