Pizzicato
use whole arm to spin
Topic Starter
Dope

Pizzicato wrote:

use whole arm to spin
now that you mention it I think i only use my wrist
Dekonare
Small circles works for me. Also using your whole arm is recommended.
- O n i -
yeah try to make a small circle
then do it faster and faster each time
Naikaze
Make a small circle, use your fingers only. Got 470+ with it.
blazted
Small circles is the way to go. I'm getting close to 500 with like 470 consistently when try-harding. It is also better as you will be in the center of the screen when the spinner ends.
Kanye West

blazted wrote:

Small circles is the way to go. I'm getting close to 500 with like 470 consistently when try-harding. It is also better as you will be in the center of the screen when the spinner ends.
This isn't true. Circle size is dependent on area/dpi/sensitivity. It's also impossible to spin at 500, osu caps at 477.
blazted

Kanye West wrote:

blazted wrote:

This isn't true. Circle size is dependent on area/dpi/sensitivity. It's also impossible to spin at 500, osu caps at 477.
Ah, I stand corrected. "Close to 500" could be 477 though :P Registering the spinning counter numbers while spinning at 470 is still difficult for me as the spinning part takes a lot of focus.
blazted
By the way, do you know the reason why it caps at 477?
Dekonare

blazted wrote:

By the way, do you know the reason why it caps at 477?
So the "hackers" won't get more score from spinners? Actually I don't know.
winber1
i do believe the cap does nothing. you can still spin 500 rpm but you just can't see that you are iirc, or maybe im dumb, but the reason why the cap is there i have no idea
Full Tablet
Use a small cursor with a small trail (1 to 3 pixels) so you can still see your cursor, path it takes, and the center of the spinner while you are spinning tiny circles (just a few pixels in diameter). That way you can spin about ~420rpm effortlessly even if you feel you are moving the pen slowly, and ~470rpm if you put effort on it.

If you use small area then I think bigger circles would be easier though.
silmarilen
the size of the circle you spin in is only because then its easier to follow it, it has absolutely 0 effect on your speed
Full Tablet

silmarilen wrote:

the size of the circle you spin in is only because then its easier to follow it, it has absolutely 0 effect on your speed
If you do the math and physics you can demonstrate that smaller circles -> faster spin.
(roughtly, the SPM is directly proportional to the Square Root of (F/r), where F is the force you use to spin and r is the radius of the circle).

The only problem with small circles is that small circles are harder to control (due to the way the body moves the hand), so some people would make less strong spins at the cost of smaller circle size. The ideal circle size is the smallest one where you can still apply a lot of force in the action of spinning.

Also take in consideration that making perfectly shaped circles doesn't actually increase SPM. It's better to make a very narrow ellipse (with a relatively wide max diameter, and very thin minimum diameter), than a circle with diameter equal to the max diameter of the ellipse (assuming equal average force applied).
Liiraye
Like asking how you run faster... you practice
hinamizawan
i'm a really bad spinner player
some time ago i could spin faster clockwise but since i'm used to counter clockwise it sucks
silmarilen

Full Tablet wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

If you do the math and physics you can demonstrate that smaller circles -> faster spin.
(roughtly, the SPM is directly proportional to the Square Root of (F/r), where F is the force you use to spin and r is the radius of the circle).
yeah because muscles work like that
Full Tablet

silmarilen wrote:

Full Tablet wrote:

yeah because muscles work like that
I mean the force that is applied to the pen to make it move, not necessarily the force your muscles do (though with good muscle control, those forces are nearly directly proportional).
El Koko
You spin. And you do it faster than how you used to.

Liiraye wrote:

Like asking how you run faster... you practice
NixXSkate
use your arm to spin, and make sure your wrist is gripping on to something.
Akane Kurashiki
or you play with relax mod and get 350/450 instead of getting 50/350 without it like me : 3
http://youtu.be/u33JzgTZ8z0

WTF?!
Full Tablet

Akane Kurashiki wrote:

or you play with relax mod and get 350/450 instead of getting 50/350 without it like me : 3

WTF?!
In relax mode you can get constant 477 spin without even spinning full circles (just a straight line, moving back and forth).
Akane Kurashiki

Full Tablet wrote:

Akane Kurashiki wrote:

WTF?!
In relax mode you can get constant 477 spin without even spinning full circles (just a straight line, moving back and forth).
o lol