my friend screen shows "Waiting for players..."
while everyone else are playing

then after the game, the score shows he's the winner

should be on the last place

please fix this, thanks
theramdans
brainexplode.jpg
Dizco_old
Hello, i might have had a similar experience, did you change visual settings before the game started?

here is what happened to me:

I ticked disable skin and was put on permanent loading while my friend played. However the game didnt end with me as winner. Or at least i didnt get to see the scoreboard myself.

I happens on both maps played before and not.

Possibly related to this:
t/123590
_koinuri
Since my friend and I was just playing with 2 of us, we just left the game when that happened, so I'm not really sure about the auto win part, but my friend did get the not loading thing twice. I'm not sure if he was manipulating the visual setting and I never got the error despite the fact that I always disable everything before playing though.
TheVileOne
He won because he was the only player not to fail. We can't figure out what is going on without a way to replicate this.
Sci_fi_nut_123

TheVileOne wrote:

We can't figure out what is going on without a way to replicate this.
When you start a multiplayer game, change the settings quickly and it will say "waiting for players" until you quit the game.

After the game:

A picture from me testing with a friend: It thinks I can defeat airman with all mods

TheVileOne
peppy was trying to fix an issue that required restarts when changing visual settings in multiplayer. A side effect was that changing the setting broke the multiplayer game in test build. It seems that a remnant of the bug still exists.

Edit: If you trigger the setting that needs to delay the multiplayer game from starting, it will prevent you from starting the game.
peppy
This was tested many times and never triggered this problem.
TheVileOne
I tested it and it worked first attempt. I just spammed all the visual settings buttons and it delayed my loading, but after some point I stopped and the other players were already running and my side is stuck waiting for players. BTW peppy if changing the settings will allow you to continuously delay the MP match, perhaps you should restrict the amount of time a player can delay the match. I could just spam the settings and hold everyone up as long as I wanted to. The only thing that prevented me is that their game started without me.
peppy
It doesn't delay the match; it only delays your own start in the match.
TheVileOne
I just tested it again and delaying your match for too long and it just gets stuck on waiting for players.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/794517

Edit:

Ummm

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/794520
Natsu
The game never start happen to me in all the games when i hit disable skin or i Dim the bg

MillhioreF
This is mostly fixed in the latest test build - if you spam click on "Disable skin", then you can delay your start until you stop clicking, but permanent freezes don't happen.
Natsu

MillhioreF wrote:

This is mostly fixed in the latest test build - if you spam click on "Disable skin", then you can delay your start until you stop clicking, but permanent freezes don't happen.
mmm my friend end the map and i was just freeze orz maybe just me T-T and i just click it one time .-.
peppy
You will need to update to the latest build (b20130606).