forum

Logo font

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KKdid_old
Anyone know which font is used to write "osu!" on the logo? Or at least any font that resembles it closely?
Sorry, I'm in a hurry, don't really have time to browse faq's for it ^^;; Any suggestion is appreciated :3
LuigiHann

KKdid wrote:

Anyone know which font is used to write "osu!" on the logo? Or at least any font that resembles it closely?
Sorry, I'm in a hurry, don't really have time to browse faq's for it ^^;; Any suggestion is appreciated :3
You'd get an answer faster from the faq's than you would from asking in the forum (well, in general. In this case, I don't think it's in the faq at all so it's a moot point). Ask in irc if you want a fast answer. To be honest, I don't know what font it is. Seems like any sans serif font would do the job though. Just look through the fonts you have to find one with a similar look. I don't think it's a specialty font so you probably already have it.
Mystearica
This is your everyday Lucida Console, what do you think? Rotate and skew/warp whatever you want a bit more and it should look almost perfect. There were a couple Japanese fonts that looked alike as well but required a bit of glyph editing, mostly on the exclamation mark.

LuigiHann
roleykatsu
I believe the font is Verdana.
Larto
I bet 5 dollars on Verdana.
kideddie1501
u guys have time on ur hands. :|
anonymous_old

Roley wrote:

Got it close (link).
LuigiHann

kideddie1501 wrote:

u guys have time on ur hands. :|
You, sir, are an idiot
Loginer
I'm 99% sure it's Tahoma. Let me check...
Edit: Width doesn't match. Either way, it shouldn't really matter. Go with Verdana or Tahoma if you're trying to make something osu!ish.
Edit2: WAAAIT A MINUTE

strager wrote:

Roley wrote:

Got it close (link).
That's the one I made.

Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loginer
You'd do well to read posts every now and then.

Loginer wrote:

That's the one I made.
Anyway, while updating the high-res osu! logo, I tested a few fonts to see if I could find a match.
The font used in the official osu! logo is Verdana, without a shadow of a doubt.

The reason why it was too wide in strager's test is because he used my old version of the osu! logo instead of peppy's logo.

While we're at it, here's an updated version of the high-res logo, with proper everything. Vector version can be found in the FAQ.
http://up.ppy.sh/files/osu!logo4-0.png
peppy
The logo strager matched to had an angle to it :P.
Derekku

Loginer wrote:

You'd do well to read posts every now and then.
I do. :? The problem is me posting at 4am when my brain is half asleep... :oops:
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

The logo strager matched to had an angle to it :P.
Oh I hate you.
fat pear
Oh my god you guys suck it's Tahoma.
lit120

[ microism ] wrote:

Oh my god you guys suck it's Tahoma.
dat necro... gonna have to ask someone to lock this for avoiding any random discussion
Nathanael
What an epic necrobump...