forum

Sliders are confused about themselves [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
thelewa
Explain the issue you are having: The sliders are very confused about themselves

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so: Yes.

1. Play this map with Hidden on the hardest difficulty: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/11375
2. Look at the short sliders
3. Sliders explode into billion pieces

this bothers me because when even the sliders are not feeling sure about themselves then how can anyone else feel confident
Elysion
It makes me feel weird whenever I see the sliders get so confused...

Then I miss. ;w; plsfix
peppy
What am I looking for? They do not "explode" on my PC.
Topic Starter
thelewa

peppy wrote:

What am I looking for? They do not "explode" on my PC.
Look at the slider ends in short sliders, the overlapping is bugging out (I mean the hitcircle parts in sliders)

sorry for being silly in my description
peppy
Overlap of one slider on another? Give a specific time position / video / anything to actually explain?
Topic Starter
thelewa

peppy wrote:

Overlap of one slider on another? Give a specific time position / video / anything to actually explain?
peppy
This has been the case since forever?
Topic Starter
thelewa
Watch it in the game, the overlapping in the place I pointed out changes rapidly, happens on every short slider with Hidden (at least on my computer and a bunch of other people's computers)
Elysion
It changes rapidly and, I don't know if it's just me but reverse arrows are flashing too. Like, in the middle of the animation there's 1-2 missing frames.
Soarezi
And this is ruining your gameplay?
Full Tablet
Repeat arrows seem to fade just before starting to hold the slider (and then they reappear when you start to hold the slider). This is slightly disorienting.
theowest
this is definitely something we haven't had before. So while playing with hidden, you can clearly see how the hitcircles change their overlap with each other as they're being played. Try watching a hidden replay in 0.5x replay speed.

Note 1 there is being played, so the overlap has changed to the repeat hitcircle.
NixXSkate
i noticed this on small rebounding sliders, the end circle overlaps with the beginning circle
if you use hidden, you can see that the beginning overlaps the end until the end fully appears
Dizco_old
I can confirm this happening in HD on any map.

theowest
related bug: t/135538 I believe they originate from the same change in the game.
jesse1412
-snip- I'll make a separate thread.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
also circles in edit mode, when you play it, circles would blink before appearing

i think it's from the same change
MillhioreF
As a member of the Society for Prevention of Crappy Thread Titles, I am offended.

Edit: Seems fixed - circle priority is back to normal. Reverse arrows are still on top of everything but I'm pretty sure it's always been like that?
peppy
Should be fixed in latest update.