forum

Are there any discord free tournaments?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shu1075
Hello I am Shu, I don't have discord, and not aloud to get it. I would be very happy if there were any discord free osu standard tournament. Please let me know if there is.
7ambda
If downloading it to your device is the problem then use the web app version instead.

Joon Yorigami
discord is mandatory for most tournaments (that aren't scuffed) since it makes organization and announcements easier, you really have no choice than to download discord
Topic Starter
Shu1075

J_8579 wrote:

If downloading it to your device is the problem then use the web app version instead.

Thank you but the thing is I can get it if I was aloud to but I am just not aloud to, if that makes sense.

Yhuan nice to see you man, long time no see.
Joon Yorigami
what do you mean by "I'm not allowed to"?
7ambda
<13 probably

parents probably check on their online activity too
Topic Starter
Shu1075

J_8579 wrote:

<13 probably

parents probably check on their online activity too
Exactly
And how embarrassing I spelt allowed wrong.😅
Damarsh
If it were me I would attempt to contact the tournament organizer or one of the admin's in game. You could also leave a response on the tournament forum post saying that you are not allowed discord, maybe an alternative could be worked out for you? Perhaps you have a friend who has discord who could join on your behalf?

I'm assuming you are just asking out of curiosity so this might not seem very helpful, but hopefully it might give you some ideas on how you could go about it if there is a tournament in particular that you want to join :)
AhMeowcus
Honestly I'd just wait until you can get discord because being a host there is no way I'd ever try to logistically work this out. Tournaments have too many moving parts to them and to be blunt it's simply not worth the staffs time to make it work for one person
DarkMa3stro
(https://discord.gg/fX2UK9db)! here there is one
TangyZhangy

DarkMa3stro wrote:

(https://discord.gg/fX2UK9db)! here there is one
. _ .
Molly Sandera
A few tournaments disqualify people not on the discord server. If it doesn't say otherwise(that is, doesn't disqualify people not on the server), you can try to have your teammates who have discord to manage stuff while keeping contact elsewhere, like osu chat, and let your teammates let staff know about this. Although, most signups still require a discord tag. In any case, let them contact staff until then
Nat0
Can i get invite link to a discord tournament server?
Neigdoig
I'm not going to use Discord. I'd go about using Mumble (a Discord alternative) instead.