forum

The science behind making jumps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nyugah
Hey,

so I´ve recently started mapping and I just dont know how people implement jumps in their maps properly. What i mean by that is how do you place the object further away without messing with the distance snap? Do I have to temporarily disable the distance snap and then place the object as I please or how exactly does this work?
aiq
disable distance snap altogether
Topic Starter
Nyugah
So people usually map without any distance snapping when implementing jumps? Doesnt it get confusing? I tried a few maps all with distance snapping cause I wouldn´t know which distance is still appropriate.
Zelzatter Zero
If you get confused determining where your flow is, try to use a skin with line follow point. Distance equality doesn't matter much in higher stage as long as you have to make sure the distance represents well with the song. Jumps using distance snap can get really messy if not executing properly.
Topic Starter
Nyugah
Yea ive just checked the maps of other creators and almost none are using distant snaps. No wonder my maps appear so boring. The fact that distance snap is commonly avoided just hits me hard lol. I was being retarded all along