forum

osutablet.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pyczon
Anyone knows is it worth buying a tablet to play osu , i mean is it hard to play with it?
Full Tablet
A graphic tablet, it is pretty good. A Tablet PC, is not as easy.
winber1
worth or not is up to you.

how desperate are you to buy a tablet
Pacemaker
Seeing as this is what you'll keep playing for the rest of your life, yes
TakuMii
It's really up to you to decide whether a drawing tablet is worth it or not. If you're an artist, all the more incentive to buy one.
FYI, thousands of people thought that paying $200 was worth it for Rock Band and its fake plastic instruments...
Connormgs
I paid $135 for my keyboard for its typing ability and its ability to handle games. My sister gave me a Bamboo CTL-470 so I lucked out in regards to a tablet. I was going to purchase one specifically for this game anyways so it was a nice surprise. I say buy one, I'm a trackball user and had no problem playing the game (I do *all* of my gaming with a trackball instead of a mouse; I never use mice and hate them) although I got the tablet about three-four days after I started playing. Makes the game entirely different, get one.
Yin
It's really just a matter of preference. It's not necessarily hard to use, or more difficult than using a mouse, but it does take some time to adjust from playing with a mouse to a tablet. It took me roughly two days of adjusting the settings to find what worked best for me, and I've been using it comfortably since.

If you play a lot you could consider giving one a try to see how you like it. You shouldn't have to spend very much for a lower end graphic tablet that will last you a long while. I paid $70 for mine over a year ago and it still works perfectly.

Here's a link to the Tablet Purchase Guide in case you missed it.
TakuMii
I bought a tablet even though I'm left-handed and use my mouse in my right. I have to relearn how to stream (I've had my tablet for 4 months already and still can't stream with my right as fast as my left), but my aiming with tablet has gotten much more consistent compared to mouse. Other than a few patterns, a good mouse with a zero-acceleration sensor will perform just as well as a tablet. You are somewhat handicapped if you're using mouse, but as SiLviA and perhaps other mouse-using top-players has shown, it's possible to overcome these handicaps and become pro even if your mouse sucks.
Coolgav
Buy a tablet if you think you're going to play this game a while,tablets are not too hard to use but it is mostly about personal preference
-Soba-

YayMii wrote:

I bought a tablet even though I'm left-handed and use my mouse in my right. I have to relearn how to stream (I've had my tablet for 4 months already and still can't stream with my right as fast as my left), but my aiming with tablet has gotten much more consistent compared to mouse. Other than a few patterns, a good mouse with a zero-acceleration sensor will perform just as well as a tablet. You are somewhat handicapped if you're using mouse, but as SiLviA and perhaps other mouse-using top-players has shown, it's possible to overcome these handicaps and become pro even if your mouse sucks.
waste of time, just use your right hand to hold the tablet
TakuMii

-Soba- wrote:

My streaming with my right is currently about 70-80% the speed of my left. With maybe a month or two of practice, I could probably get that at least to 1:1.
Not to mention I'm an osu!mania and Stepmania player, so learning to stream with both hands would only benefit me.
And I'm left-handed, there's absolutely no way my accuracy holding a pen right-handed would even compare to my left. Using a mouse is the only thing I can use right-handed, solely because I've never used a left-handed mouse setup ever. But if you're telling me to become right-handed, you're asking me to rewire my life.
Anzo
Wacom pentablets are the good ones, but I don't know if there are other brands that can be used as an alternative.
-Soba-

YayMii wrote:

-Soba- wrote:

My streaming with my right is currently about 70-80% the speed of my left. With maybe a month or two of practice, I could probably get that at least to 1:1.
Not to mention I'm an osu!mania and Stepmania player, so learning to stream with both hands would only benefit me.
And I'm left-handed, there's absolutely no way my accuracy holding a pen right-handed would even compare to my left. Using a mouse is the only thing I can use right-handed, solely because I've never used a left-handed mouse setup ever. But if you're telling me to become right-handed, you're asking me to rewire my life.
I'm left handed and hold the tablet pen with my right hand.
TakuMii

-Soba- wrote:

I'm left handed and hold the tablet pen with my right hand.
Assuming that your pic from the other thread is legit, you're not holding the pen the way you're supposed to hold a pen. Even though you're a lot higher-ranked than me (and very likely more skilled than me), I'd still rather hold the pen normally in my dominant hand than hold it like a 3-year-old with crayons. Just personal preference, that's all. If I really wanted to play right-handed, I'd just continue using mouse.