forum

Streaming Practice - Burning Pain Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Where am I supposed to feel this? When I start straining during the stamina grind, I start to feel a strain sensation in the forearm half, closer to my wrist, outer side, but I wouldn't really call it a burning sensation, it just feels like a kind of pressure building up and as it rises, it feels harder and harder to move my fingers.

Even while exercising, I can't remember feeling a burning sensation so when I read about this in the context of being "good" pain for building stamina, it threw a big ?, cause I get tired to the point where I cant lift my arms when exercising or doing pushups and I get really sore days later sometimes, but this burning sensation while exercising remains completely foreign to me, even though I'm on the weaker side.. so I shouldn't really have built resistance to it, yet. Always makes me wonder if I do too little, not pushing myself enough. Maybe someone has useful insight for this?

As a bit of info for my current stamina grind routine, I play osu! every 2nd day, doing proper warmups and 2-5min breaks between deathstream grinds, depending on how exhausted I felt, e.g. 160bpm x 500 circles, 2min break, again, repeating that 5-7 times, doing the same for different bpms (although lower circle amount on higher bpm). Kinda trying to treat it as normal endurance exercise, doing it on my offdays, where I'm resting from other exercise, applying the proper warmups, cooldown and rest period. I wonder what kind of results I'll get from it, though. I think I'm definitely seeing progress, since today was a new peak day and I especially wanted to push myself to feel the burning sensation and try to provoke it, but instead my arm just feels a bit sore since (been like 6-7 hours) and as mentioned before, the pressure sensation, but that one only built up during the grind and quickly faded during rest, even during the osu session itself, it just comes and goes as I push myself atm, still it has me confused why I'm feeling it there and not for example in the upper forearm..

I guess I'm quite worried about 2 things at the same time, not pushing myself enough and building up RSI, cause I really can't tell atm.