forum

[Archived] hi i have a problem with osu Mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ayfaso
Problem details: on Mac (m1) I don't know where is the file with the song help plz
Death
Do you mean the folder that stores all of your beatmaps? Is there a specific reason you are looking for it?

You can find that by right clicking on osu!, selecting "Show Package Contents", and then navigating to Contents > Resources > drive_c > osu! > Songs
Topic Starter
ayfaso
hi it's for McOsu and I have osu lazer I don't have resources > drive_c
Death
Lazer does not have a songs folder.
Topic Starter
ayfaso
ok you don't have another version for me plz I have just lazer
Death
I'm not really sure what you are asking for with your last post. You need to explain in more detail what you are trying to do for us to be able to help. Just saying "it's for McOsu" is not enough to go off of.
Topic Starter
ayfaso
I just want to install maps on osu because by installing them mcosu will automatically see a beatmaps
Death
I can't tell you exactly how McOsu works, but there is a very very low likelihood of that working on macOS.

You can try downloading the stable client that runs on macOS from this forum thread, but if that doesn't work, please ask the McOsu developers for help getting things working.
Topic Starter
ayfaso
ok but there is another version than osu lazer on mac?
Death
Yes, I posted a link to a different version of the game in my previous post.
Topic Starter
ayfaso
hi i have that when I want open osu “Osu! ”Is damaged and cannot be opened. You should move this item to the Trash.
Death
That likely means one of the installation steps in that thread was missed. I'm pretty sure that's the only time I've seen someone receive that error message.

As I mentioned before though. If you are only installing this version of the game so that you can play McOsu, there's a very low chance that it actually works. Might as well just stick to lazer if the version I linked does not work.
Topic Starter
ayfaso
i have resolved the problem but after have closed osu when I want launch the game I have a .cmd that open and after that the cmd closed and 0 news I can't launch the game
Technocoder
You need to specify a custom path. From the McOsu Steam page:
> If you have osu! installed, then McOsu will load your beatmaps directly from the default osu! installation path, although custom paths are also possible

As for osu!stable, since you are on a M1 processor, support is fairly unstable. You will need to open osu! multiple times for it to work.
Topic Starter
ayfaso
yes but my osu crash when I want launch the game
Death
Have you tried opening the game multiple times to see if it works, as Technocoder suggested?
Topic Starter
ayfaso
yes ten times in a row it still does not work
Technocoder
Have you tried both the Intel and Rosetta Wineskin? Just from a general feeling, it looks like more people are having better luck with the Intel Wineskin instead of the Rosetta one.
Topic Starter
ayfaso
no I don't try do you have a link for dl?
Technocoder
A download link...? They're both at the top of this page: community/forums/topics/1106057
Topic Starter
ayfaso
hi i have that when I want open the file “Osu! ”Is damaged and cannot be opened. You should move this item to the Trash.
Technocoder
Did you follow all the installation steps...? Specifically, running osu!macOS Agent and using it to repair the .app file.
Topic Starter
ayfaso
i have try with the agent but nothing
krafi
If you are using osu lazer ,

you have to export all of your maps ,

https://github.com/kabiiQ/BeatmapExporter/tree/main

you can use this tool ,

as you know you need 1 main folder and 2 sub sub-folder,

lets create a folder called mcosu / and 2 sub-subfolder as /mcosu/Songs and /mcosu/Skin

now lets convert your export beatmap to mcosu structure ,

https://github.com/antomarsi/osz_mcosu_converter/tree/master

you can use this project
make sure whatever inside your output folder is set to the location /mcosu/Songs/
osz_converter <input folder> <output folder>

now set the full path to your Mcosu and enjoy

F5 to refresh

still didnt understand i belive my text can undastandable for chatgpt

also read this steam form

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880768265#:~:text=How%20to%20use%20McOsu%20without%20osu!,-By%20McKay&text=Every%20beatmap%20should%20have%20its,Songs%2F302303%20Sheppard%20-%20Geronimo%2F