forum

Introducing the Android

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neigdoig
Coming from deep within Oregon's rural areas comes one man, Nëïgsëndöïg Cöcülës.

In all seriousness, I'm a relatively new player; a 6-digit rank coming from games like Quaver and Stepmania (both of which I still play). I already knew of this game, but I thought I had to pay to play it. When I searched it up on my Linux software center, I saw it was free and open-source (the Laser Client is what I first started with). Afterwords, I got more and more into it. Sure, everyone's gotta start somewhere in the realm of 4K osu!mania. I'm not that great with any other keys (mainly 7K), since I tend to focus on 4 (after all, DDR was the first series I played with 4K).

If anyone has anything more they'd like to know about me, feel free to ask here, or ask me directly.
RhymesWithMash
Welcome, glad to see another mania player joining the ranks!
Topic Starter
Neigdoig
After having played about a month, I'm slowly getting a little better. Being a 6-digit isn't a bad thing for me, since I wouldn't be tournament competitive anyway. OutFox (Stepmania) would a different story in some circumstances.

Edit: I've started playing osu!standard a few days ago, and it seems I've been getting the hang of it.

Edit 2: I've since stopped playing mania, and focused on Standard, I seem to be getting the hang of it for the most part. Basic reading abilities have been activated to a greater potential at this point (That's why I'm referred to as the Android in Japan.)