forum

How to keep consistent while being nervous

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rematyar
how

I can easily hold my combos, but my acc just goes from 99 to 97 if I'm nervous.

I always tap early when I got nerves, and I don't know how not to kill my acc
Kolmas
kill your acc 10s into the map and SS the rest

well you just need to tell yourself the map is easy and try flow with the music
not like you need to actively remind yourself of this but just play it without caring much of it
wowcake

Kolmas wrote:

well you just need to tell yourself the map is easy and try flow with the music
not like you need to actively remind yourself of this but just play it without caring much of it
^^, Try your best to ignore the nervous (although you cannot fully ignore it, definitely), and just keep going consistently.
nature

Pararunten wrote:

how

I can easily hold my combos, but my acc just goes from 99 to 97 if I'm nervous.

I always tap early when I got nerves, and I don't know how not to kill my acc
If you’re about to fc or are holding really good accuracy, don’t think about it. Whenever I’m going to fc something and I think “ooh I’m going to fc!!”, I almost always miss right after. osu! is a mental game, and you just have to practice controlling your nerves and your thoughts.
Szynkowice
Something that worked for my top play (tho i guess its low acc lol): Don't expect to fc or acc. Just do your best. Acc dropped a bit? That's okay, you did your best. Now do your best to acc the rest of the map, and if it drops, it's ok. At least something like that worked for me.
Edit : Kolmas idea to drop acc at the start also works sometimes lol
- Lena -
Miss one at beginning, full combo the rest
Always works
Dollscythe
losen your grip.

seriously.
dovah149

Dollscythe wrote:

losen your grip.

seriously.
I second this. I just tried FCing a map for 90 minutes and i was nervous as fuck when it came close to the end. I kept missing easy sliders and my aim got worse and worse. Then i noticed that my grip was very cramped... I got the FC within 1 try (actively keeping my grip loose)
dung eater
don't worry about it and be relaxed when playing. you should be able to play 10~30 min map without breaks, if it's comfortable diff for you.
Vagouuu