forum

[osu!mania] Request - Mod to disable holds

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +78
Topic Starter
audi4444player
I couldn't find this so I wanted to suggest it.

Basically, it would remove the centre of the hold and instead, just have the beginning and end as separate notes, or alternatively, no notes, I'm not quite sure how stepmania handles it, but it works.
XPJ38
Why would you disable holds?
MMzz
Because they can be annoying. So compensating them for more notes seems fair. I would put this as an unranked mod though.
Topic Starter
audi4444player

MMzz wrote:

Because they can be annoying. So compensating them for more notes seems fair. I would put this as an unranked mod though.
Yeah, I was thinking of that.
deadbeat
if you're going to use [words] in your subject, at least change it to [osu!mania]
Hanyuu
Thats a nice idea for an unranked mod. It would make all the auto converts more fun to play because sliders are made with an idea that the ending point is meant for a note. In mania it does not translate like that too well because holds are not meant to have any meaning to their ending point, the ending point is considered silence - end of fade out. :D
Kyujuroku 96
What if Easy do that?
Topic Starter
audi4444player

deadbeat wrote:

if you're going to use [words] in your subject, at least change it to [osu!mania]
Sorry, you can see by my post count that I don't use forums much, is it better now?
jemhuntr
this might be a nice feature. It would be a good mashing practice especially for maps with a lot of short hold notes. but yeah, unranked.
Bites
I support this with unranked! :)
PROGUY
Interesting idea. Support.
DaddyCoolVipper
I like it, support
FrzR
support, but unranked. ^_^
DJKero
I don't support, this is like encouraging noobs to keep noobs for ever.
Seyren Windsor

DJKero wrote:

There is people that is not used to this, and in fact, there is nothing bad in helping new people to play this kind of games, i kinda support this but as the rest of the people, in an unranked way, since most of the bms kind of games use this style.
deadbeat

DJKero wrote:

worst. logic. ever.
why don't we just remove relax then, it does half the work for us >_>
Lanturn
I'm pretty sure this would be extremely welcomed to those who play stepmania and actually use the no hold mod for fun.

I'm positive this would work just like Taiko, when some shorter sliders are just converted to notes that hit the beginning, reverses, and end.

Good suggestion, it would let me play maps without having to worry about notes like these:

abraker
From t/362467

abraker wrote:

... a mod that replaces any hold notes with notes that repeat depending on what the tick rate is set on.

RIP idea ;-;
Grassgrow
As someone who prefers the mapping of BMS-esque games that make little use of sliders, many songs really overdo the sliders in my personal opinion and every time i wish there was a way to disable the sliders and turn them into notes instead. With a mod like that, the beatmap wouldnt be disrupted flo-wise since the converted slider notes would melt into the patterns, and would make for a fun chord mashing song like i and many people like them best! Not to hate on slider heavy maps, respect to those who can noodle hard like in o2jam, its just not the stlye i want to play in. I'd do anything for a mod like that.
Farfocele
nice necro
show more