forum

Erwin Beekveld - They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wiicademan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, December 25, 2007 at 1:07:32 PM

Artist: Erwin Beekveld
Title: They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!
BPM: 138
Filesize: 1009kb
Play Time: 01:35
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.4 stars, 103 notes)
  2. Hard (4.51 stars, 150 notes)
Download: Erwin Beekveld - They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
***NOTE: I know this song has already been mapped. After I beatmapped this song, I realized that it had already been beatmapped before, so I posted about it in the original beatmap's thread, and the creator of the original beatmap asked me to upload my version. Since the Osu! forums doesn't allow uploading of .osz files, I had to upload it through in-game submission.***

My fourth beatmap.

Edit: Fixed some of the problems that EiJi mentioned. The timing is slightly different, and the beat spacing of most notes has been improved. Now that I think about it, I really messed up with the placement of notes on the timeline with this beatmap. Some of it should be fixed.

Edit: fixed a whole bunch of stuff.
Edit: Changed Insane mode a lot, and called it hard mode.
Agent BA8 Rookbie
I downloaded it. It's awesome. I heard this song somewhere before and this beatmap is excellent. But I can only do Normal...
Extor
Great beatmap. This one also gets my approval (weird huh...)

*bubbles*
EiJi
*looks at Extor with a strange face*

Offset of 4,918 (or thereabouts) anyone?

Mainly a lot of spacing inconsistencies, many notes either mistimed or intentionally placed there.

Normal:

What's with the distance between the slider @ 00.44.99 compared to the distance between the previous note and slider?

Insane: This is insane? O_o

00.51.76: Note the distance between the note and slider that follows. Compare that to the note and slider that follows at 00.53.63.

I see many, many notes that do not even belong. However, I don't think I've run into any maps such as yours where there are notes that apparently do not follow the song - at all. So I can't really say whether this is a bad thing or not... Assuming you inetentionally placed them there, knowing they do not follow the song. Otherwise, they're awfully mistimed.

All for me, for now.
GuardianHX
I tried both beatmaps, they were pretty good, but some parts of the song confused me. X_x

I agree with Eiji's suggestions, pretty much.

Also, I noticed that if you switch between yours and mine, my version's .mp3 is of higher quality, and you can hear the difference with the beats and stuff.

Perhaps look at my beatmap to help fix some of the problem's in yours?
If we could get both of our versions ranked, that'd be neat. (Assuming there's a way to do that without getting two copies in the Listings.)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.