forum

How to disable mouse clicks on a Wacom Bamboo

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Exicucumber
Hi there.

So I've recently started playing osu!, it's a fun and addicting game, and I noticed that a lot of people seem to use tablets. Most of the tablet users will either remove the tip or hover with the pen, which I wouldn't want to do.

The first and most major problem I ran into was the fact that you can't disable left mouse clicks in the options of your Wacom tablet. I know this is possible to disable in-game but for some reason that didn't work for me.

I managed to fix this by disabling all the buttons on my pen through the "Pen_Tablet.dat", which is located in "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\WTablet\Pen_Tablet.dat" (If you can't seem to find AppData, you can write %appdata% in your search bar and press enter).
You open it with notepad and search for "ButtonFunction", then you'll see something like "<ButtonFunction type="integer">X</ButtonFunction>" you want to replace all the X's you find with 0 (only those that contain ButtonFunction) and by "X" I mean any number between 1 and 20 or close to that. This will disable every button on your pen and leave it with one function, which is moving the cursor.

If you only want to disable the tip of the pen, you can search for "ButtonName" until you find something along the lines of "<ButtonName type="string">tip</ButtonName>" then you will see a ButtonFunction string to the left of it containing a 1, which should be changed to 0. This didn't work for me, but it might for you.

After you're finished with your changes, you can save the Pen_Tablet.dat, overwriting the old one (You can make a backup of your old .dat if you want).
Also make sure to Right click -> Properties -> Read-only.

Then the only thing left to do is either restarting your computer or going into Device manager -> Mice and other pointing devices -> Right-click on Wacom and Disable, then Enable it again.

Hopefully someone can benefit from this (if it isn't too confusing).

- Exi
Antero
press F10
Topic Starter
Exicucumber

Antero wrote:

press F10
If you read the post you would notice that it didn't work for me :)
enik
Or remove the pen tip. Good to know there's another way to disable it anyway.
boat
Disabling mouse buttons wont do anything do the client outside of actually playing a song. Why you would always want to have it disabled is beyond me though. How about just getting used to it? Navigating through the client with the tablet is neither harder nor less comfortable than with a mouse.
Topic Starter
Exicucumber

enik wrote:

Or remove the pen tip. Good to know there's another way to disable it anyway.
Yea I was aware of that, but it seemed excessive and is harder on the tablet after a while.

boat wrote:

Disabling mouse buttons wont do anything do the client outside of actually playing a song. Why you would always want to have it disabled is beyond me though. How about just getting used to it? Navigating through the client with the tablet is neither harder nor less comfortable than with a mouse.
As I wrote, I tried disabling through F10 but it didn't work, and I've read of someone else who had the same problem which was why I decided to make this post. But yes if the F10 option works for you, by all means use that, of course.
boat
Then you ought to report this as a bug, as either there's something wrong with your game client or you fucked something up whilst fiddling with the pen input.

If it's the former then it ought to get fixed.
Topic Starter
Exicucumber

boat wrote:

Then you ought to report this as a bug, as either there's something wrong with your game client or you fucked something up whilst fiddling with the pen input.

If it's the former then it ought to get fixed.
I know, I know. Just wanted to give a secondary fix, that is all.
buny
being not able to left click is not the reason for hovering.
Topic Starter
Exicucumber

buny wrote:

being not able to left click is not the reason for hovering.
That's fair enough. I just wouldn't want to hover with my pen since it would feel weird for me. :D
TakuMii
It feels weird for everyone at first. But once you get used to it you'll be putting much less wear on your tablet. Plus you get the benefit of having no friction :)
Topic Starter
Exicucumber

YayMii wrote:

It feels weird for everyone at first. But once you get used to it you'll be putting much less wear on your tablet. Plus you get the benefit of having no friction :)
You clever son of a gun! I might consider trying it out.. Just need to get used to using a tablet first :c
Kanye West
Make sure to check out this guide to disable the tablet PC interface and gestures as well: t/87301

The gestures made my osu window lag before.
Topic Starter
Exicucumber

Kanye West wrote:

Make sure to check out this guide to disable the tablet PC interface and gestures as well: t/87301

The gestures made my osu window lag before.
Ah I thought I disabled all the bad stuff, but I was missing the Tablet PC Input Service. Thank you!
TakuMii
Also, I'm assuming that you don't plan on using your tablet to draw, but in the case you are, it'd probably be better to not disable the Tablet PC services (keeping the pressure-sensitivity feature) and instead just use helion's TabletTapToClick program whenever you play osu!.
Topic Starter
Exicucumber

YayMii wrote:

Also, I'm assuming that you don't plan on using your tablet to draw, but in the case you are, it'd probably be better to not disable the Tablet PC services (keeping the pressure-sensitivity feature) and instead just use helion's TabletTapToClick program whenever you play osu!.
Well I used to draw before I realized I couldn't draw anything besides stick men and this,
Thanks anyways though :D
Pizzicato
nice artworks
Topic Starter
Exicucumber

Pizzicato wrote:

nice artworks
Thank you. I could definitely make some moola with them.
Aquamarine
Cheers to this. When I was using my old computer I had to look on to this. Any accidental hit on the tablet would lag (AKA mess up my playing). Later I discovered that you can just remove the pen tip.
Topic Starter
Exicucumber

Aquamarine wrote:

Cheers to this. When I was using my old computer I had to look on to this. Any accidental hit on the tablet would lag (AKA mess up my playing). Later I discovered that you can just remove the pen tip.
Oh that would've made me rage endlessly.. Good you figured it out though!
Neru

Exicucumber wrote:

If you only want to disable the tip of the pen, you can search for "ButtonName" until you find something along the lines of "<ButtonName type="string">tip</ButtonName>" then you will see a ButtonFunction string to the left of it containing a 1, which should be changed to 0. This didn't work for me, but it might for you.

After you're finished with your changes, you can save the Pen_Tablet.dat, overwriting the old one (You can make a backup of your old .dat if you want).
Also make sure to Right click -> Properties -> Read-only.i
Thanks a lot! It really helped me out to fix that problem with the random tap's during gameplay.
buny
OP hasn't even logged on for a year
VladiousMusic
Pressing F10 works for me. tablet: Huion h430p
Yamaguchi UPSB
Thank you bro,I thought I have to dispose my pen already lmao
Lord_Francium
Little side note, For the Wacom One you need to click a couple times on the pen tip property and it will give you the option to disable it if you use the wacom drivers. Confused me at first why I couldn't change it but doing that will save you a lot of time.
ZincCS

Lord_Francium wrote:

Little side note, For the Wacom One you need to click a couple times on the pen tip property and it will give you the option to disable it if you use the wacom drivers. Confused me at first why I couldn't change it but doing that will save you a lot of time.
Thanks a lot lol. I broke my nib.