forum

ability to switch between osu's ffdshow and own ffdshow [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
UtsukimiJerry
now i cant say how my title says but i got some suggestions. why not implement the ability to change the ffdshow osu has with our own ffdshow. because after this new update i seem to lag every few seconds if theres a song with video on .AVI format. before the new update i can play these songs with nice frame rate and often get good results from it.

heres a simple term for it

Change ffdshow mode :

1 : Osu
2 : user's version

now since most people probably have their own ffdshow why not just put it like this. it shouldn't be too hard though
KawaiiLily
I think its more a bug fix than a feature suggestion..

Peppy just has to fix the video stuff in osu...
Echo
osu! no longer uses the codecs on your pc to play videos; it has its own built in video decoder.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

osu! no longer uses the codecs on your pc to play videos; it has its own built in video decoder.
The OP desires to select between these two. Choose between the built-in ffdshow and the system codec.

I don't necessarily agree with this feature request because I don't experience problems with videos.

However, I can see if your codec settings for ffdshow are not set in osu! but are for your system. Useful for ... whatever you set in your settings. I'm not sure if osu!'s ffdshow reads the system-wide and user config if they exist, so I can't say implement this or no.
peppy
There will not be a toggle. If you get lag, report which beatmap(s), your system specs, and exactly what lag it is

07:45 < BanchoBot> Lag is a very general term, which can be used to describe
just about anything going wrong with anything.
07:45 < BanchoBot> If you are going to complain about lag, please be specific
in exactly WHERE the lag occurs, and WHAT it involves
(internet lag? graphical freezes? slow framerate? input lag?
brain lag?)
07:45 < BanchoBot> Also mention when the "lag" occurs, if there are any special
conditions for it to occur, and if you have any idea what
caused it. Also make sure to check nothing else is running
on your PC which could affect CPU/memory/disk usage.