forum

Share your Motion Graphic Works / Photoshop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DJNightmare
Hi, I'm Lau Kevin from Singapore, 15 yrs old.
I enjoy music game such as osu! (4 years), o2jam (6 years) and djmax (5.5 years)
DJMax has it's own background visualization that is mostly synchronized to music, so it inspired me to be a Motion Graphics Artist.
I still have a long way to go, but i wanted to know if there are any other Motion Graphics, Photoshop, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Maya, 3DS Max, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, whether newbie, average or professional, to share any work with everyone here :3 I'll start :D

I'm a photoshop average, and a after effects newbie :X

Motion Graphics

Photoshop
http://djnightmare9.deviantart.com/gallery/
Cyclohexane
I'm pretty enthusiastic about your work. I mean, it definitely looked pretty cool and I'd be interested to see more as you progress. It kinda reminded me of the videos you can see in BMS for instance, so I thought it was quite cool.
Nice stuff!
DeletedUser_1780855

Mr Color wrote:

I'm pretty enthusiastic about your work. I mean, it definitely looked pretty cool and I'd be interested to see more as you progress. It kinda reminded me of the videos you can see in BMS for instance, so I thought it was quite cool.
Nice stuff!
Nice facade
Tsukimi Luna
Cropzy hentai
Wojjan
Woah I missed these but that's actually sweet stuff.
fartownik
Hi there. As a photoshop 'veteran' (working on it for about 8 years or so) I will throw you some suggestions and share my opinion about the work, just constructive criticism.

I quite liked the animation synchro with the music, it's a plus, also the animations themselves weren't bad at all. You should work on 2 things though:

the colors - too much contrast (not in STULTI as it's just B&W, I liked it btw), also a little shabby tones. I'd recommend concentrating on (using) less main colors, about 2 or 3 for the entire video (ofc tones can differ), but it's also a matter of a song. Also it seemed like the usage of such colors wasn't unfamiliar to you, judging by your wallpapers from deviantart, so I'm yet more surprised you didn't shift them into the videos.

Second thing would be fonts. I saw no effects on them at all, neither animated nor static. I wish they were 'moving' as well and also looked kinda cooler, as the ones on your deviantart works.

Not much, but I hope these will help you make better BGAs. Share more of your future work, I'd be interested.
XPJ38
Isn't this thread more suited for the Art forum? It would be a waste to keep it in OT.
Wojjan

XPJ38 wrote:

Isn't this thread more suited for the Art forum? It would be a waste to keep it in OT.
Now there's something true. Say hi to your new home, "Players who are interested in Video Creation"!
Topic Starter
DJNightmare
Thanks :3 I hope to find more players who has such talents too :3

---

fartownik wrote:

Hi there. As a photoshop 'veteran' (working on it for about 8 years or so) I will throw you some suggestions and share my opinion about the work, just constructive criticism.

I quite liked the animation synchro with the music, it's a plus, also the animations themselves weren't bad at all. You should work on 2 things though:

the colors - too much contrast (not in STULTI as it's just B&W, I liked it btw), also a little shabby tones. I'd recommend concentrating on (using) less main colors, about 2 or 3 for the entire video (ofc tones can differ), but it's also a matter of a song. Also it seemed like the usage of such colors wasn't unfamiliar to you, judging by your wallpapers from deviantart, so I'm yet more surprised you didn't shift them into the videos.

Second thing would be fonts. I saw no effects on them at all, neither animated nor static. I wish they were 'moving' as well and also looked kinda cooler, as the ones on your deviantart works.

Not much, but I hope these will help you make better BGAs. Share more of your future work, I'd be interested.
Btw, about the colour selection, i have been trying to work on it, and my photoshop work, usually is based on the album jacket of the song that was created. The most significant example of it would be Hollywood Galaxy :X So i'm actually not good at colour selection :X
Topic Starter
DJNightmare
Anybody interested in Motion Graphics here? Or has learned how to create them? :X
RBRat3
I've dabbled with it in the past, 3dsmax has audio controllers which makes the process pretty much automated since it can be assigned to just about any attribute and on top of that there are a few plugins out there that take it a step further.

Blender might have better equivalents, I assume so being it has its own game engine and python oriented but I haven't bothered searching.
Topic Starter
DJNightmare
I'm hoping that there is alot more Motion Graphic Artist in osu! :<
Pls do share if you have any work relating to photoshop or motion graphics :D
Kim Ryu
i hate 3ds max

/runs
Topic Starter
DJNightmare

Kim Ryu wrote:

i hate 3ds max

/runs
HOW DARE YOU D:
What about After Effects? D:

Here's my new video!~ Created a intro for my channel.
Topic Starter
DJNightmare
Another Rhythmic Motion Graphics!~ This time, it is full and synchronized properly :3

OsuMe65
i bet no one did shared their own motion works here
Topic Starter
DJNightmare
Sadly, NOPE :<
Topic Starter
DJNightmare