forum

[Ask] Talk about osu! accuracy margin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azern
So, recently I tried to make my own rhythm game. Wrote it in javascript because that's the only language I can understand so far and aiming for some kind of web app game. Kinda.

Anyway, accuracy margin, what I mean by that is the thing that decide wether you get 300, 100, 50, or miss.

So, how do you think this game make that margin? Is it a fixed amount of milisecond from the hit point? or a scaled, like plus-minus a quarter of a beat from the hit point act as a margin, so when the bpm higher the margin shrink and when the bpm lower the margin grows?

I know that osu!developer exist but I just can't read any of the documentation. So that's why I'm asking you guys here. Even if it's just an opinion is okay.

And, yeah, if peppy himself would like drop a few of his wisdom here, that would be awesome.
chromb
if you hover over the beatmap difficulty on Song Select (the CS:3.8 AR10 OD:9.6 HP2 Stars:9.5 part), you can see the timing windows for each judgement. The formula for how it is calculated is based on the OD (Overall Difficulty) of the map, with the formulas being found on this wiki page.