forum

How often do you try to FC maps?

posted
Total Posts
show more
KinkiN
Almost everytime i play a map, i try to FC it. Mostly i try to SS it. But it's only if possible. I know my limit, although sometimes i break my own limit. lol
zozozofun
Only trying to FC when I like the song, if not, I'll quit after 1~2 tries.
Martinawa
Almost never. Sometimes when I download some new ranked map i try to FC it but if it doesn't work at the first try I even don't care about it and leave the map unless I like it a lot.
benguin
I tend to play maps with a variety of difficulty, anything from where I know I can SS up to things I can't even pass (but I can at least read). I play the easy maps so I can focus on improving my accuracy and I play harder things so I can focus on improving my speed. Anything too easy or too hard I don't play because it won't help me at all in improving.

When it comes to whoring songs, I'll whore them for an fc if I think it's fc'able and it's a song I like. Same thing for passes.
thelewa
I try to FC songs whenever I play them, or at least get as high a combo as possible. That's the point of this game, so getting better while losing consistency in terms of Full Comboing is a no-go. That's why I at least aim for an FC on every map where I deem it physically possible, and try to get as high a combo as possible on maps that are too fast for me.
she_old
Whenever I feel like I can set a great dt score on it, rarely nomod.
Meh the change from never to quite a bit ;n;
nrl
I usually play through a map just to see how it is, and if it's something I feel I can FC I'll go for it. If I definitely can't FC it I play as far through as I can just to push myself, but I'll quit before the end because I hate having B's and C's on maps :x
Tamako Lumisade
It depends.

Usually 3-4 times, but if I notice, that I can do really better, I just repeat it over and over, till I'll lost my patience. n_n
HoneyCakeZ

Pizzicato wrote:

if the map is too long, and it's hard enough to make me miss randomly, i wont grind the map. retrying long maps is painful
This.
djjsixpack
If I think I can do it, and the map isn't like 6+ minutes long then I'll go for it for a while. Depends how much I like the song, how hard it is, and how I am progressing on it. I've done a few maps for over an hour, but if I spend that much time on it I won't feel like I did anything until I finally do it...
Da Holy One

boat wrote:

I play with sudden death because my korean parents will scold me if I get an A.
A= no food SS it or GTFO
Vesrand
Well i like when i can FC maps but thats not my goal. Mostly i like to play diffs that i can barely pass at all without using difficulty reduction mods. Thus if certain map has insane difficulty that i can fc and 0108 difficulty that i cant even pass at all i usually prefer to play that one that i cant pass. Because thats what i like in osu - uber speed maps that drives me crazy.
Ofc there are exceptions: maps like some lovely hatsune miku maps that i can play forever :)
Lust
If you aren't FCing maps then you shouldn't be playing osu holmes
Vesrand
What?! :shock: :?:
she_old

Vesrand wrote:

What?! :shock: :?:
nofunallowed.jpg
Vesrand
You are ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY wrong!
I see no fun in playing maps that are easy to me (except ones that i like very much). When playing easy maps i cant even concentrate, its too relaxing. But hardest maps requires full attention, they pushes me to my limits and when i eventually complete one of such hard maps my hands shakes from stress and i feel happy.
Sure i'm not getting pp for that usually but who cares?
nrl
Gotta work on consistency at some point. FC's are the ultimate goal.
she_old
having fun is my ultimate goal, and I'm pretty good at having it whenever I have time to play, even if that means I get only like 60-70% on 300+bpm maps.
Go for fcing crap once you're ready to dedicate your life on this game and becoming the second best circle clicker like no one ever was.
nrl
Fine, if you buy into the competitive nature of osu! then FC's are the ultimate goal.
Zalaria
Back when I was playing mostly Normal diffs, I would go for the full combo pretty much 100% of the time, usually with mods. But nowadays I play songs for the sake of passing them in the least. It's already tough for me to full combo hard maps anyway xp Then there's those moments when I actually get a FC and go ecstatic XD