forum

Changing keybinds...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Unknown550
So I always used QWOP but the W feels weak when I press it and I'm thinking it's a liability which causes me to miss because it's different than all the others. It probably will break too.
Now I'm gonna play ZXM,
I would play zx./ but the dot is broken.

And you know, different keybinds, my fingies are not used to it.... It's frustrating.

What are your experiences with changing keybinds? Did you get on the same level as you were with your previous keybinds, or maybe even higher? Why did you even change keys?
PeteN00b
Always feels weird at first, I remember originally playing with DFJK keybinds, but I made the swap to CV,. a few years ago, not sure why but it was something about wanting my hands on a lower segment of my keyboard.

It shouldn't really take THAT long to get used to (maybe a week tops?)
ICanNotDoSlider
You will get used to it eventually. There is like 2 factors, one is just your hands getting used to the new key placement and the other is the fact that keys (dominantly on laptop/membrane) usually feels different when already used a lot.

The first you will get used to eventually, a day or two is probably enough for getting decent acc and a month or less (depending on how extreme the change was, could be longer too) to get back to your original skill level.

I changed from DFJK to ASKL, I don't remember why but I changed it pretty early, so It could just be me trying to fit in or something. Definitely feels more natural than DFJK but I wish I could've changed to something like qw[]
KawaiiJam
The Key Binds I used are 12/* if you have a number pad. Another one that can help you is as;' It does take time to get used to the new keybindings. Here's a tip- Think that you're playing your old key bindings with the new ones so you can feel comfortable or you can always assure yourself that whatever you change it's going to be as you play before. Sorry if I made this bit confusing. I hope everything goes well.
Best of Luck!
[LS]PositoniX
ive recently switched from we89 to sd56 (numpad), and its incredibly frustrating and annoying to switch keybinds because your old muscle memory fights with your new keybinds.

personally, i just took a break of about a week, came back rusty, and derusted on my new keybinds. i wouldnt have been able to make the switch otherwise because whenever i tried switching keybinds before, i just couldnt do it because i would always play better on my old keybinds, not because i preferred them but because my muscle memory only worked for them. its frustrating but it works
Ska
I change bindings pretty often because I use a cheap keyboard and the keys dont last too long. Usually only takes me around a session or two to get used to it, though thats probably because im used to it. Also it doesnt impede me from playing at my peak either, if thats your concern
Topic Starter
Unknown550
Yeah I feel OK now but I can't jumpstream properly anymore lol... Well that can change.
NalgitasFelices
Guys what do u think about use EFJI?