forum

Something cool to think about regarding 7k

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
timebombed
I remember a video I watched regarding whether someone is creative (right side of brain) or analytical (left side of brain)

By clasping your hands together and seeing what position your thumbs were in, you could determine this

For example, if your right thumb overlapped your left thumb, then you tend to use your left side of the brain more which is responsible for analytical, verbal, and logical behaviors. The same would go otherwise if your left thumb overlapped your right thumb, then you would tend to use the right side of your brain more, being more creative, intuitive, and visual. And for the few ~1% that clasp their hands with both thumbs equally aligned, then using this reasoning, you would probably use both sides of your brain equally.

How does this relate to 7k? Well most people who play 7k have to use their thumb(s) (usually just one). Now match the thumb(s) you use for 7k to the examples I just provided. Whatever thumb you use to play 7k is the overlapping thumb (dominant thumb). Is it the same overlapping thumb when you clasped your hands or is it different? Do you think whatever thumb(s) you use for 7k matches your preferred behavior? (whether analytical or creative?)

Personally, my overlapping thumb is my right thumb for both 7k and clasping hands. And I can definitely say I use the left side of my brain more. So this rings true for me. What's even weirder is that I write left-handed so I'd think that my left thumb would overlap my right thumb, but that wasn't the case.

tl;dr What thumb(s) do you use to play 7k? Left thumb = creative , Right thumb = Analytical , Both = Equal preference for both creative and analytical. Is this true for you or not?
DeltaNami
This is an interesting thought! I personally use my right thumb for 7k, which also coincides with my more analytical nature. Although to be fair, a lot of people do play 7k with both thumbs if only because it's more efficient lmao
yarWe
i use my right thumb and i'm not creative so its true
Ska
left thumb overlapped, and I use my left thumb for 7k although Im right handed. Dont know if I believe any of this tho, but still interesting
[LS]PositoniX

timebombed wrote:

most people who play 7k have to use their thumb(s) (usually just one).
what? no
abraker
left thumb - am lefty
YYONN
My left thumb overlap, I'm right handed, I use both thumb for 7k.
uh...
Haengsyo
Left thumb overlap, left thumb for 7k. And I can confidently say I am not creative whatsoever xD

Edit: I forgot to mention I am right-hand dominant
Juan_KW
My right thumb overlapped my left thumb and i use right thumb for 7k and i like logical stuff, i am not creative person, you can see by my map, i only have four map since 2017, with short duration, super easy difficulty, and it took me almost one month to make a map xD, so it is true i think...