forum

Which sound to chart

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Burntmuffinz
Hello, im dumb
can someone help me choose which sound to focus on when making this map rn?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTH64rf8odU ( this is a youtube link for the song in question)
If you skip to 0:27 in the song where the song goes monkee, you can hear a fast drum section and a fast synth section, which one should I focus on for the duration of the song? or am I stupid. in the first 26 seconds I was focusing on the synth part, but after the little drop I feel like the I can decide which part is more important. to me it sound like I should be focusing on the drum part instead but idk.
thank you and I'm sorry if this question is formatted wrong I've never used the osu forums for 7 years.
WitherMite
you should probably pick an easier song to map until you're a bit better at beatmapping.

maybe look at other goreshit maps to get an idea of how people map this kind of music.
honestly you could probably map both tbh, unless my ears are wrong it seems like they line up pretty well. should emphasize drums more I think though

also are you mapping for std or mania? you using the word chart and having your profile set to mania makes me think you could be talking about mapping mania, but your other map is std.
Topic Starter
Burntmuffinz

WitherMite wrote:

you should probably pick an easier song to map until you're a bit better at beatmapping.

maybe look at other goreshit maps to get an idea of how people map this kind of music.
honestly you could probably map both tbh, unless my ears are wrong it seems like they line up pretty well. should emphasize drums more I think though

also are you mapping for std or mania? you using the word chart and having your profile set to mania makes me think you could be talking about mapping mania, but your other map is std.
Im mapping for standard Osu i didn't even realize I had my profile set to mania my bad. I also felt like the two of them lined up pretty well but here and there there will be a deviation between the two where the drum part will run on longer behind the synth part. I for sure feel you're right about picking easier maps but sadly I don't like slow songs too much and I wont know how it is until I try mapping this song I guess. I've been looking at the other goreshit maps and they seem to be mapped similarly where they just follow the main beat and the drums and everything line up so I think that would be the best approach also.