forum

Hitsounds copier 2.1.1 [now with osu!mania support]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
grumd
You know, I'm really a lazy guy and making hitsounds is a big pain in the bottom for me.
So I decided that instead of adding all that stuff in every diff, I'll just make hitsounds for one diff and will copy them to others.

New version: 2.0!
I wasn't really satisfied with the previous program, it was made in Delphi and it was very slow and buggy, so I decided to remake it in C++.

— Features — 
  1. Copies all the hitsounds from one diff to another. Copies claps, whistles, finishes, sampleset and addition setting for every matching note.
    And now it copies them a lot faster.
  2. Copies volume settings from inherited timing points. It moves hitsound volume and sampleset settings (green lines) without changing slider speeds of the diffs.
  3. Copies storyboarded hitsound samples. It doesn't check for dublicates, so better to be sure your diff didn't have storyboarded samples already.
  4. Supports osu!mania. As well as custom samples and volumes from Sample import menu. Sometimes hitsounds in mania can not be copied, only if there is not enough notes for them in the second diff. The program will try to combine as much hitsounds as it can (note with soft clap + note with soft whistle = note with soft clap+whistle), but if it can't (soft whistle can't be combined with normal clap) one of the hitsounds may not be copied. Still it works fine enough for mania so far.
If you catch any bugs, post them in this thread or send a pm to me. Attach your two .osu files too, so I can debug it.

Download link here (v. 2.1.1)

Changelog
08.05 18:33: 1.0 Some tiny interface changes.
09.05 0:29: 1.1 Important bug fix.
09.05 1:10: 1.2 Fixed wrong delimiter error.
09.05 1:56: 1.3 Added spinners. I forgot about them, lol.
10.05 11:37: 1.4 Important bug fix.
10.05 20:50: 1.5 Added files drag and drop functionality.
14.05 19:23: 1.6 Fixed a small bug that broke the program in some rare cases with spinners
01.12 17:11: 2.0 Total rework from scratch
05.12 20:06: 2.1 Bug fixes
05.12 21:50: 2.1.1 Tiny fix
Kurai
I love you.
CXu
I agree!

Edit: Wow Millhi you edited my post ;____;
Frostmourne
grumd, marry me
Andrea
Sounds really interesting, gonna try this later.
Aurele

Kurai wrote:

I love you.
Deni
Awesome! I will use this sometimes for sure.
Miya
So, how is this gonna work? What if all of my diff have different rythim, will it work? o.o

Edit : And yeah, a screenshot will be nice too o/
NoHitter
Will try this as well.
[Luanny]

Gabe wrote:

Kurai wrote:

I love you.
GamerX4life
This is freakin' awesome
Topic Starter
grumd

Miya wrote:

So, how is this gonna work? What if all of my diff have different rythim, will it work? o.o

Edit : And yeah, a screenshot will be nice too o/
If your maps have different rhythms, it will obviously work. Example: If first diff has a slider with 2 whistles and second diff has two circles at same place, both circles will receive whistles.
And if you tried to download the program, you'd see that screenshot is unneeded. The program is really tiny, nothing to show on the screenshot.
Well, just for you:
peppy
This really should be in the editor.
Topic Starter
grumd
Fixed stupid bug which was ruining hitsound placement with 1.0x slider multiplier.
MillhioreF

I think there's a locale issue going on. Your program expects commas to be decimals, but my locale uses periods as decimals - you're probably gonna have to lock your decimal format to commas, or else I can't use it >:
Topic Starter
grumd
Shiet. Let me try somethin'.
Edit: fixed, locked decimal format to dots.
Kuria

Kurai wrote:

I love you.
Topic Starter
grumd

peppy wrote:

This really should be in the editor.
Just tell me if you need any sources. It was done with Delphi though, so I'm doubt it can be that easily imported into the editor.
peppy
Doing it "properly" in the editor requires a bit of restructure of a lot of osu!, which will eventually happen. It could be hacked in, but now that we have this it's not as important short-term.
Ephemeral

MillhioreF wrote:

I think there's a locale issue going on. Your program expects commas to be decimals, but my locale uses periods as decimals - you're probably gonna have to lock your decimal format to commas, or else I can't use it >:
you'll need to use culture invariance for this - see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2423 ... nt-culture
show more