forum

Enya - China Roses

posted
Total Posts
show more
mancuso_JM_
Yeah, these hitsounds sound better to me now :D
Simple and clean mapset, I really like to play that kind of relaxing stuff sometimes.
Ranked!
Topic Starter
Mismagius
Thank you :)
Lach
Congratulations
P o M u T a
yeah!
Raging Bull
Weird to see you map easy map haha. Congrats.
dedaloodak
gosh... the background of this beatmap is so f***n ugly, i've never seen an uglier girl xD
(btw count this post as modding, change BG!)
Lolicakey

dedaloodak wrote:

gosh... the background of this beatmap is so f***n ugly, i've never seen an uglier girl xD
(btw count this post as modding, change BG!)
that's really subjetive, lol.
btw congratz
vipto
Lovely!
Gratz man
Andrea
Glad to see this ranked.

Great job BD :)
Teara
Jeez, the map deserves better ratings then it currently has. Can't people enjoy slow songs anymore?

Congrats :)
[Luanny]

Raging Bull wrote:

Weird to see you map easy map haha. Congrats.
HAUEAHEAUHEAUEHAUEAHEUAHEUAHEAUEHAUE DAMN I TOTALLY AGREE

Btw best rating ever
Grats
Loooctav
Congratz~
Topic Starter
Mismagius
Didn't expect anything from a community that chooses Freedom Dive as their best map.
By the way, where are the people who keep saying "BD only makes shitty hard maps like Big Black"? I don't see them anywhere now.
[Luanny]

Blue Dragon wrote:

Didn't expect anything from a community that chooses Freedom Dive as their best map.
By the way, where are the people who keep saying "BD only makes shitty hard maps like Big Black"? I don't see them anywhere now.
seriously stop complaining
if you want something with good rating go map anime.
if you want attention go back to your retarded maps.
who enjoyed the map, enjoyed. complaining in this thread won't help anything. if you want people to like you, do what they want. your choice.
now stop blaming the WHOLE COMMUNITY who will probably vote YOUR lapfoxed forever as best of 2013.

at least have some respect for those who like your maps and stop caring about who doesn't. you're looking to the wrong people.
Mashley
I really don't see what's stopping you from making a harder difficulty to this. Difficulty spread works both ways.
Topic Starter
Mismagius
I don't see where a Hard difficulty fits with the song, and I don't want to force small CS or overmap stuff for that.
Birdy
Late congrats.

Map anything non-Japanese under 200 BPM = Prepare for a rating under 9.00
DJ Angel
Mas q viadice
quanto n valia uma música moemoe anime kawaii uguu desu
Mashley

Blue Dragon wrote:

I don't see where a Hard difficulty fits with the song, and I don't want to force small CS or overmap stuff for that.
There's a constant 1/2 rhythm throughout the song, there's so much you can do with that.
Shohei Ohtani

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Late congrats.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/17217

#LivinThe9.0Lyfe
Kurowolfe

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Late congrats.

The players in general, sadly. And I agree with Blue Dragon with not creating tougher diffs for this song, it would be out of place.
Anyways, late congratz, and nice slider designs in Normal :D
Royston

Static Noise Bird wrote:

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Congrats.
Fudgebrownie
I love Enya. Congrats
[Luanny]

Royston wrote:

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.
well you have been replaced, I don't need anyone now

./portal2
nvrsebas
Congtz fast rank ;)
D33d
I just played [Normal]. It's nice, but I feel that you could've been a lot more creative with the hitsounds, since the soft whistles are pretty repetitious. Custom drum sounds could've worked nicely for ascending and descending drum figures--perhaps something along the lines of Latin percussion to give it a pulse.

I definitely agree with Mashley about there being room for a hard difficulty. [Normal] itself would have been nice and smooth with a higher SV setting, but adding a faster difficulty would've lifted this quite a bit. In a hard diff, II feel like some hitsound volume gimmicks could've worked with the background arpeggios, such as volume swells.

In all, the map was tight, but I feel like there's room for much more momentum in this kind of song, since a faster pace would allow for a semblance of a gliding motion, as opposed to a plodding motion. Besides, I'd be happy with an 8 for this kind of song--Xgor's map got an atrocious rating, even though it actually flowed really nicely and had plenty of impetus. Really, you mapped this song on your own head, knowing fully well that you'd be limited and that it wouldn't have the same appeal as your ridiculous maps. It'd be nice to see you map a moderate song with some, but not loads of, activity.