forum

Map sound is low

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SunLED
Hi, I'm doing my first map all going good, but I noticed that my map audio is just a lot lower than the rest of the maps I have played, I don't know why since I downloaded the audio from the original source (I tried other sources later, also downloaded them with different tools/sites but nothing gave me an mp3 file that was as loud as most beatmaps).

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks for reading, hope to get some help
DeletedUser_13957006
you could try editing it in audacity, but since you said you downloaded it from official sources, you shouldn't really worry about unless it becomes a real big problem
Calmius

Aiq wrote:

you could try editing it in audacity
Just don't try to increase it too much, because it can get a little distorted.
t3hzhao
Might want to download the mp3 file from somewhere else, generally I recommend Deemix
There's few videos and resources to help you navigate Deemix.
DeletedUser_5153421
Also if a map's volume is very varied you can compress it (but not really reccomended cuz it can make it jumpy, so only use as last resort). Or you can just increase volume on sections (make sure to listen to it so it doesnt sound like it's "jumping" also. until they all are similar decibels then amplify it all if needed. It can be more an issue on less electronic songs, because most songs aren't mastered to be constantly loud for rhythm games anyways.