forum

Counter-Strike General

posted
Total Posts
show more
13Kenzy
I never did get to play CS:S good (how much more CS:GO?) since i have a crappy 2006 model HP laptop which i currently play games on (2006? all the hardware is out of date!!!).
I'm planning to get a gaming PC preeeeetttyyyyy sooooonn.

Anyways, I am a HUGE fan of 1.6 and it was my very first FPS, I got bored with playing with the bots so i wanted some challege. I played in a CSDM server and, hell, a few seconds after spawning, i got killed by a AK-47. My reflexes weren't that good because I was a first-time to a bunch of fast-and-accurate reflexed pros.

But... after a few dayd of playing, I got to the point where I can get killstreaks before getting killed myself. I do not like the AK-47, as it was a terrorist weapon. So I always go for the M4A1 and the H&K USP Pistol. Since I do have the CS:S Transformation Pack (to make it look like CS:S, weapon models and all, except for the game engine, lol) I like the silenced M4A1 firing sound.

Then I decided for some long-range bolt-action challenge. This is where the Arctic Warfare Magnum (why Arctic Warfare Police which is the meaning of AWP? Magnum is way better) came in my inventory. I admit, I never used snipers before, so I sucked at it. I cannot even hit long-ranged, instead, i get killed by a headshot.

End of story, didn't want it to be long
Hiryuu_old
I used to play Counter-Strike 1.6 and Source long time ago, great times.. imo I still think it's better than the CoD series. I used to like playing 1.6 but Source took a better grasp on my and I just kept on playing it, was always fun, didn't have a lot of moments where i would geniuenly be bored. Always fun to go B-1-4 for the Desert eagle and just rush out to find someone and if by succeeding in killing them, I just loot their primary gun. Never really had problems in buying equipment and guns as some people have.

Best maps I've played on were probably: De_aztec ; De_dust ; De_Dust 2 ; De_office ..classic but good :)

Lately I tried Global Offense out, and I think that's a pile of shit. Honestly.
Mara

ShinseinaTenshi wrote:

De_office
lolwat

Also what makes CS:GO so shit? I still haven't heard a good reason from anyone.

(coming from the guy who plays all versions, including cz)
boat
It's not to my preference for the very same reasons I never played CS:S, the engine is clunky as hell.

Me and my old college friends actually played a few pcws in 1.6 last night. Was fun, but we lost both because of cheating romanians :D
Vish024
Used to play a lot of 1.6 lan, especially in my highschool days. I should consider getting back into it but I don't think it's as big here in Aus as it is in EU or NA. I'd say my fave maps were cs_italy (since it was the first map I played) and cs_747 as well as the usual de_dust and de_dust2.
Kobold
Too bad CS:GO's engine doesn't have good bunny hop or longjump unlike in CS 1.6

If it did, I'd probably have 500+ hours logged already.
hinamizawan
When I used to play CS it was common to see raged kids insulting each other through mic which was hilarious
IMO it was a boring shit, is 1.6 dead by now?
Mara
New IP address

Kobold
I'm re-installing CS:GO overnight to see if I can play matchmaking with a decent ping.

The ELO system they put in really interests me too.
13Kenzy
honestly, for me, CS:GO is NOT worth the 4 GB of RAM needed to play without lag and the large game size. I'd prefer the 2004 CS:S over this, but CS:S acted like crap on my 2006 laptop because it'd run at 3-5 FPS even on minimal settings and DirectX version set in the parameters to 8. It'd only get to 30 FPS when I stare at the ground. Literally. I can even play Half-Life 2 with little lag, if so, why not with CS:S?!?!?!

I still play 1.6 today on Zombie Plague Modded servers and CS:DeathMatch servers.

Usual loadout:
Pistol: H&K USP because the design is awesome despite its low damage
Primary:
SMG: MP5 because very low recoil, average damage and high firing rate
Assault Rifles: M4A1, deals a pretty good amount of damage, but don't like it because shooting while strafing makes things go crazy! which is why I have another A.R:
The Steyr AUG: good firing rate, and has a scope for medium-range shooting but low firing rate.

Terrorist side:
AK-47: Deals really high damage for a A.R, 25-40 damage dealt, and 1-hit-kill if headshot was dealt.
If I cannot afford the AK, then the Galil will do due to it's good firing rate, averge firepower and 35 rounds of ammunition.

Machine Gun:
the M249: My personal thought on it is it's got average firing rate (in 1.6, in CS:S it's got a realy high firing rate), amount of damage is that of an A.R, and a 100-ammo box which can make you a player who will provide cover-fire.

Snipers:
AWP: (Accuracy International Arctic Warfare Police): Extreme damage dealt, 1-hit-kill to any body part except for the legs, which deal 85 damage, but if you miss, you're vulnerable to getting killed while the weapon is loading another bullet in the chamber.
If AWP is too pricey atm, then the SG550 Auto Sniper will do, automatic firing sniper rifle, fast firing rate, and high damage output (2-hit-kill)

Snipers (if on the Terrorist team):
G3SG1: Very high damage output and an auto-sniper (and on 1.6 i can no-scope most of the time at close-distance combat because of it's high accuracy even un-scoped and running)

These are my opinions on my usual loadout and what I like about each of them and what I don't like.
Mara
What the hell am I reading?
Topic Starter
Apex_old
There's this Chinese ripoff called CrossFire(or CF) that gets a lot of negative(tacitly economical) attention from Chinese people.
Vish024
The Chinese have a rip off of everything, even Chinese products.
VoidnOwO
All I remember about CS 1.6 was the horrible grenade throw range, I always liked CZ more. Everyone just laughed at me for this ._.

Probably going to get the CS:GO soon just to try it out, good to hear it has some of the old maps.
Mara

BRBP wrote:

All I remember about CS 1.6 was the horrible grenade throw range, I always liked CZ more.
Wait, is that true? Never noticed it after playing CZ too much.
Draco008
Hey, noobie here just wanted to place my input here. I play both source and global offensive but I don't differ between the two very much. the only time I want to switch is to go to different servers and such, for different people. to me, I see the same game but different people. I love both but whatever, you can like what you like and I can like what I look. Hope this gave you a change of mind.
ToodleNoodles
about 2 months ago, worst troll game of my life by my friends. HOLY GOD
Mara
Pizzicato

nostalgic tears won't stop
Vyscosity

Apex wrote:

There's this Chinese ripoff called CrossFire(or CF) that gets a lot of negative(tacitly economical) attention from Chinese people.

There's more than just one, and the communities of each of them like to argue over which is the better game. There are few cool gamemodes in CF, though.

makkura wrote:

is 1.6 dead by now?
There are still a good number of servers in China, really common in internet cafes/pubs too.
REPATHOS
Used to love this game and I still play from time to time. But I prefer Source over GO.
Remco32
I didn't like it at first, but last week I tried some classic competitive mode. Since then I got hooked.
Mara

95.47.140.48:27015
Remco32
Why do people still play such an ancient game?
Varetyr
^so basically if a game is ancient, you stop playing it, JUST BECAUSE it's ancient ?
Remco32

Varetyr wrote:

^so basically if a game is ancient, you stop playing it, JUST BECAUSE it's ancient ?
No because the game got improved, newer, versions.
Varetyr
Sometimes, these "improvements" just don't fit some players' tastes.
And some other players' computers don't have the minimum requirements to play these newer versions...
Those are the two main reasons imo, there are still plenty of them but it should be enough to answer your question.
Mara
Why choose one version when you can play all of them?
Remco32

Mara wrote:

Why choose one version when you can play all of them?
Touché
Mara

I fucking love this spot. Everytime.
Dafydd
zombie escape on CS:GO is fun. Although most people still use the CS:S ze maps rofl.
I really want to try out TTT but i don't have Gary's Mod :(
420Guy
I have CS:S and CS:GO .. And CS:GO is the worst CS ever.. dunno why people play it. I only play sometimes CSS for fun .. Zombie or surf maps.
dNextGen
wtf CS GO is best nuub what makes you think so

Condition Zero Deleted Scenes is probably the best game i've ever played though,really fucking sick
UnderminE

Wehzy wrote:

I have CS:S and CS:GO .. And CS:GO is the worst CS ever.. dunno why people play it. I only play sometimes CSS for fun .. Zombie or surf maps.
Watch some MLG and you will love it
Icyteru
I just bought operation:payback. ...
420Guy
:idea:

dNextGen wrote:

wtf CS GO is best nuub what makes you think so

Condition Zero Deleted Scenes is probably the best game i've ever played though,really fucking sick
What makes me think so?
The deagle sucks, the awp sucks, the maps are boring.
It's like CoD and not CS ..
Mara

Wehzy wrote:

The deagle sucks

Yeah, right.

Enjoy your XBOXHUGE hitboxes.
Lilac
What sucks is your aim and your lack of knowledge of how guns work in the game.

Any and every gun has its use and highlights.
Icyteru
deagle sucks is a common argument....but really....awp sucks?

that's new. (only things i can think of are blur while moving and $ nerf) but awp was OP in 1.6 cause the only counter to it was another awp or hoping the user is bad.
dNextGen
deagle is like the noobest gun to use dude

you click on enemy and they instant dead

awp sucks though,real man use SSG 08/Schidmt Scout
show more