forum

Uploaded a song then made a new level then New Upload? [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MegaApple_Pi
When I made the beatmap: YouTube Rewind Style called "Call Me Insane Style" (In the osu! beatmap forum, Its called "Call Me Try Hard Style" as of now).

Now I made another level and When I tried to upload, the Beatmap Submission System says its a NEW upload... :?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. Go and update the beatmap... then upload the beatmap.

2. Beatmap Submission System says, "This is a new upload. You can upload 0 more beatmaps."

3. This is NOT a new upload its suppose to be an update. :(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do I do then?
Here is the beatmap: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/113607
Note: this beatmap out of date due to this problem.
Shadow
I think this is because you are in the new level when you are trying to upload. It doesn't recognize it and thinks its a new upload.

Go into "Call Me Try Hard Style" level and try and upload again.
Arnold0
It already happened to me before, and I clicked on the thing that says it's a new upload, and it just updated the map as usual ^^"
MillhioreF
Try selecting the difficulty that's already uploaded and doing an update. If that doesn't help, open the .osu file of the new difficulty and changing "BeatmapSetID:<number>" to "BeatmapSetID:73028" and updating again.
Topic Starter
MegaApple_Pi

Shadow wrote:

I think this is because you are in the new level when you are trying to upload. It doesn't recognize it and thinks its a new upload.

Go into "Call Me Try Hard Style" level and try and upload again.
I changed the name to "Call Me Insane Style" And tried it but it didn't work so I changed it back to the name "Call Me Try Hard Style" and It still didn't work :(
Topic Starter
MegaApple_Pi

Arnold0 wrote:

It already happened to me before, and I clicked on the thing that says it's a new upload, and it just updated the map as usual ^^"
Would I still get to upload another beatmap? I still have one more. :?
Topic Starter
MegaApple_Pi

MillhioreF wrote:

Try selecting the difficulty that's already uploaded and doing an update. If that doesn't help, open the .osu file of the new difficulty and changing "BeatmapSetID:<number>" to "BeatmapSetID:73028" and updating again.
Does this make the beatmap recognize the original beatmap? If so, this didn't work :(
Teara
It seems you have broken the new level (difficulty)

Try removing the new level (difficulty) and submit. See if it will work then. if it does, you will need to redo the new level (difficulty) from scratch, by making a new level (difficulty) and manually copying the [Hitobjects] over to the new level (difficulty).
Topic Starter
MegaApple_Pi

Teara wrote:

It seems you have broken the new level (difficulty)

Try removing the new level (difficulty) and submit. See if it will work then. if it does, you will need to redo the new level (difficulty) from scratch, by making a new level (difficulty) and manually copying the [Hitobjects] over to the new level (difficulty).
Thank you this problem is fixed! :)