forum

Should i full alternating or alternating just for double, triplet and stream ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OldFox07
So i'm a new taiko player, i see that a lot of people change to full alternating for higher bpm beatmaps and i also want to train my weaker hand ( left hand ) but i don't want to relearn everything, unless it make me better at taiko. So should i full alternating or alternating just for double, triplet and stream. If i don't need to full alternating to get better, what should i do to train my weaker hand ?
My binds is fg jk ( kddk ), sorry for my bad english.
DeletedUser_4050493
I see that your current best play is Futsuu, if u want to change ur playstyle it's still not too late, and yes full alting is needed for long streams if you are kddk
SSkybound
While I'm obviously going to recommend attempting to full-alt, I will not sit here and pretend like it's more important than having fun. Play however you want, and you will inevitably improve with time.
Topic Starter
OldFox07
sorry for the late cuz i don't get any notifications and thanks you all for the advices, i think gonna starting to relearn taiko.
[RUE]Bambinex
For my part I only alternate for streams and it's working quite well tbh but the result of this is a complete lack of finger control and reading with left hand.
flr
I'm full alt and I can tell you that it is hard to full alt every single stuff, so it takes more time to notice improvement, when comparing to others, but it is worth. What I would recomend, if you want to get good fast and still have a playstyle that can play everything, you could try semi-alting, because it's probably the most popular among the best players and it's balanced way to read taiko in general. It is possible to play long songs with 300 bpm, getting good accuracy.

Other than semi-alting, there is crosstapping, that I don't know much, but I feel it's another really good playstyle.

In other words, you don't need to full alt, it is fun for me, that's why I do it. Semi-alt is probably the best if you have problems full-alting and don't have fun with it it.

Single tap is for gods. I'm not a god so I'm going with full alt, even if it takes double the time to learn.