forum

Easy Mod Makes the Game Harder [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
SiBai-
I've noticed one thing as I've been playing osu! these past few month. Because I suck (a lot) I often play though songs with the easy modification, but sometimes I felt that turning the easy mod on actually made the game harder. After looking at the map, I realized that the easy mod does 4 things. (I, in my infinite idiocy may have missed one or two things. I apologize in advance) 1) Makes notes larger, and easier to hit. 2) Lessens life loss and increases life gain, making it easier to pass the map. 3) Gives you 2 extra chances to continue even if you fail, for a total of 3 lives. 4) Makes notes appear earlier, giving you more time to react to them and supposedly making the map easier.

The last thing is the one that I have a problem with. Supposedly, the player should have more time to react to the notes by making them appear earlier, but instead what happens is that there is a much larger number of notes on the screen at any given time, creating lots of clutter and an inability to discern which note to hit first. This actually makes some maps significantly harder, and is not really fitting with the title of the mod, "easy".

My suggestion is to perhaps split up the two mods, so that 1, 2, and 3 are put into one mod, and 4 is a separate mod. This would at least make life a bit easier for me, and I'm sure there are many people out there who feel the same way.

TL;DR Easy mode makes notes appear earlier, creating lots of clutter on the screen, making the game harder. Suggestion: split that feature off from the easy mod.
Luna