forum

[invalid] Hard Rock / Flashlight vs Hidden + Double Time Mod (CTB)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
afir_old
Basically, Hard Rock / Flashlight and Hidden + Double Time shared the same multiplier, which is x1.12. However, the situation changed a bit on the beatmap that doesn't have any spinners on it. For example, this beatmap on [Hard] difficulty.

This is how it looks like:

As you can see, the score on HD + DT is slightly higher than HR / FL. In fact, they were supposed to share the same score.
I just want to see these things get fixed around or make some changes on the multiplier. I'm not good in giving detailed explanation, but I hope this brief information might give you the point.
deadbeat

osu! wiki wrote:

Note that when multiple mods are applied, the product of the score multipliers is given instead of the sum of them. For example, when Hidden and Flashlight are applied at the same time, they give 1.1872x because (1.06 x 1.12) = 1.1872, rather than (1.06 + 1.12 - 1.00) = 1.18. osu! used to round this number down to the nearest hundredth (0.01), so Hidden and Flashlight together would appear to give a 1.18x multiplier, denying the supposed number round up. Thankfully, a patch corrected this, and now Hidden + Flashlight rounds correctly to 1.19x.
doesn't really say it. but using two 1.06x mods gives slightly more than a 1.12x mod. i can't explain it very well sadly x.x
Last Remnant_old
mods are stacking multiplicatively, so 1.06 * 1.06 = 1.1236, which is slightly more than 1.12
claudio rolna

afir wrote:

Basically, Hard Rock / Flashlight and Hidden + Double Time shared the same multiplier, which is x1.12. However, the situation changed a bit on the beatmap that doesn't have any spinners on it. For example, this beatmap on [Hard] difficulty.

This is how it looks like:

As you can see, the score on HD + DT is slightly higher than HR / FL. In fact, they were supposed to share the same score.
I just want to see these things get fixed around or make some changes on the multiplier. I'm not good in giving detailed explanation, but I hope this brief information might give you the point.
Wha...
Kurokami
This will broke every record until now so I don't think its really necessary. And consider a bit which is harder, playing ar8 with FL or playing the same difficulty with HD+DT.
TheVileOne
1. This is not a feature request.
2. I'm pretty sure the multipliers display correctly now