forum

osu!direct: Genre select/Random maps [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
osu!direct is awesome, but there are two things that I really think would make it even more useful:

1) Be able to filter maps based on their genre (this would actually be great to have in song select too, but I'm pretty sure this has already been requested)
2) Have a "Random Maps" button that produces a list of random maps. Right now the only maps that you can get without putting in a specific search query are the top rated and the newest maps. This leaves a lot of obscure, good maps going unnoticed unless you are looking for them. I would use this feature a lot while looking for new maps.

Comments?
Gemi

0_o wrote:

2) Have a "Random Maps" button that produces a list of random maps. Right now the only maps that you can get without putting in a specific search query are the top rated and the newest maps. This leaves a lot of obscure, good maps going unnoticed unless you are looking for them. I would use this feature a lot while looking for new maps.
This. And the explanation hits the nail. Basically people will never play those older awesome maps that don't quite make the top rated list unless they download the ranked beatmap packs, and this would definitely help with that.
Topic Starter
0_o
supabump
Mashley
This is an excellent idea, I was about to suggest it myself.
Would also like to be able to see what difficulties a map has.
rust45
I'm not even a subscriber but I still think this is great. Support. Also, maybe have the random in the beatmap listing here as well. (Unless it already is I just can't seem to find it :P )
Topic Starter
0_o
sup, 2009 thread

EDIT: fffff
James2250

0_o wrote:

sup, 2009 thread

EDIT: fffff
Might as well stick to that thread as it's already supported (you could mention the random button too if it isn't mentioned already~?)