forum

Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ekaru
Let's be honest; who actually played the slots instead of just fighting the guys that gave like 20K a battle with Amulet coin over and over again?

Exactly. Will still get it though.
RemmyX25
I ... um...

I frequented the slot machines....

.__.
Topic Starter
K2J
I did it when I was bored or just had a few minutes to play, I guess, especially the less gambling-oriented Diamond/Pearl ones. Even though I don't really use them that often, it just feels wrong to not have them in a Pokémon game.

Oh, and the building got waaaay smaller in the interim, too. At least the music's there...

Maybe we'll fare better with Celadon Game Corner? At least, maybe it won't be so small?
Mogsy
So, I built some type-specific teams for fun, and once I get my friend code and a reliable wireless connection, I'd be happy to battle anybody once HGSS comes out and I transfer my teams to HG.

My catch? I only fight with double battles.

Steel team 1
Steel team 2
Grass team 1
Grass team 2

The weakest team out of the bunch is definitely the second Grass team, but it'd still be fun to battle against, if you can dig a double battle weather gimmick.
Zekira
Oh hey, another double battler. I'm not that experienced with Double Battling myself, but I've at least an idea on how everything works and how different it is compared to singles. If you want, I can battle you sometime, though tbh I only have 1 Doubles Team atm lol
Pokebis
I just preorded the North American version because this is a game that unfortunately won't make great sales because it is a niche game coming from a low-income company that can't really advertise. Since it won't sell well I decided to increase sales and give this company money in hopes they continue adding great new innovative features to each new unique title in this colorful series.
Also, the Lugia figurine is lower quality than I expected. I think including a piece of hardware with a game is the best anti-piracy method.
Pokebis
Today I went back to Gamestop and got the promotional Jirachi on my flashcart.
I do own a copy of Pearl, though.
Zekira
Wait what. How were you able to do that on a non-legit cart o_O

Which reminds me that I have around 12 more extra of those Jirachis so anyone who might need one can take one from me :)
Pokebis

Zekira wrote:

Wait what. How were you able to do that on a non-legit cart o_O
I was slightly skeptical, but I already know normal wireless worked. I have a G6DS Real.
Cuddlebun
you can also do the old Jirachi thing with colosseum but that's going to be a little roundabout. Worked with Diamond dunno if it'll work for this.
Vanmonky
/me hates anti-piracy.
Pokebis

VanMoNky wrote:

/me hates anti-piracy.
Mogsy

Todesengal wrote:

you can also do the old Jirachi thing with colosseum but that's going to be a little roundabout. Worked with Diamond dunno if it'll work for this.
The Jirachi given away currently gives a special Pokewalker course, but the one on the Colosseum disc does not.
Pokebis

Mogsworth wrote:

Todesengal wrote:

The Jirachi given away currently gives a special Pokewalker course, but the one on the Colosseum disc does not.
I have 3 Jirachis now. wat do?
MMzz
Doesnt this game come out tommorow, well today it's past 12 here
Remco32
Goddamnit, my Acekard isn't reading mSD's or something, and it freezes on a M3 Real...

Pokebis wrote:

VanMoNky wrote:

/me hates anti-piracy.
NoHitter

VanMoNky wrote:

/me hates anti-piracy.
I use YSmenu to bypass that
lukewarmholiday
I use $ to get past that...sometimes...
Pokebis
Okay I have a legit copy now. It doesn't bypass the health screen; what is this? Also I can't use codes to change my character sprite to a balding man, wat do?

Also, I hate the new translations and Chikorita's overworld sprite looks like it has Downs Syndrome.
Loginer

Pokebis wrote:

Okay I have a legit copy now. It doesn't bypass the health screen; what is this?
Remove the battery from your DS, wait a while and put it back in to reset the internal memory. Boot it up, go through the initial settings and make sure you set it to run games automatically when it asks you. When all is said and done and it tells you to touch a button to confirm/reset, turn off your DS with the power switch instead. Insert a DS card, turn it on, and it should skip the health screen.
MMzz
Got my copy today

anyone remember where to catch sunkerns? >_>
MegaManEXE
Why on earth do you want a Sunkern lol
Topic Starter
K2J
Route 24 (the "Nugget Bridge"), and the National Park.

I got HeartGold. And I fully intend to wear my Pokéwalker around all day during class tomorrow. I'm really liking the game, not just out of nostalgia (although that is a huge part), but out of the level of graphical and audial enhancement they've done since Diamond - the sound effects near water, grass, and all are really nice. Even the walking Pokémon's reaction to things, like the pillar in Bellsprout Tower, are great details. Of course, the best thing is the enhanced abilities of the touch screen! My gosh, it's much more convenient.

I highly recommend this game for all Pokémon fans, but chances are that if you're reading this, you're already at Goldenrod or something much further than I am.
Pokebis

K2J wrote:

I highly recommend this game for all Pokémon fans, but chances are that if you're reading this, you're already at Goldenrod or something much further than I am.
Wow, I just got to Goldenrod then I read this.
Zerostarry
Got Soulsilver yesterday, started playing today.

I got to Cherrygrove and turned it off. orz I'll continue laterrr
mm201
I got both yesterday. I played to Cherrygrove on Heart Gold and I'm soft resetting for the first shiny starter I find on Soul Silver. I'm hoping for Chikorita.
Pokebis

MetalMario201 wrote:

I got both yesterday. I played to Cherrygrove on Heart Gold and I'm soft resetting for the first shiny starter I find on Soul Silver. I'm hoping for Chikorita.
Post here next month when you actually get it.
Zekira
You're gonna have to reset an average of 8192 times :P
Zerostarry
Got to Violet City

I love the remade trainer battle theme... it's like sex for your ears! *w*
Topic Starter
K2J
Oh god the Voltorb Flip game is addicting. If only they had made the building a little bit more grandiose, like the original; now it's just three guys in a room, one to play the game, and two to trade in stuff (and they're not even sitting at a counter, but at a table, facing each other, like they were having a conversation). Hopefully, if they have to do this in the future, they'll flesh it out as much as the slot-machine corners were.
MMzz

K2J wrote:

Oh god the Voltorb Flip game is addicting. If only they had made the building a little bit more grandiose, like the original; now it's just three guys in a room, one to play the game, and two to trade in stuff (and they're not even sitting at a counter, but at a table, facing each other, like they were having a conversation). Hopefully, if they have to do this in the future, they'll flesh it out as much as the slot-machine corners were.
I know, I suck balls at it though xD

I think i'm addicted i'm already halfway through the part when Rocket takes over the radio tower

and I couldn't find any sunkerns in the park O__o
Maybe there only on soul silver?
Topic Starter
K2J
Um... make sure you're there during the day? I dunno, I'm almost to that point, but I haven't checked it myself.
MMzz

K2J wrote:

Um... make sure you're there during the day? I dunno, I'm almost to that point, but I haven't checked it myself.
never thought of that >.>
Mogsy
I love this game to death, if my Twitter didn't already give that away.

I started with Chikorita, and here's how my party's looking right now:
Meganium
Furret
Slowking
Shuckle
I'm looking to add a Vulpix and Murkrow to the equation, possibly, but these four work quite well.

Currently on the Goldenrod Underground Tunnel, seven badges. Either this is easier than I remember it being or they severely nerfed everything. I mean, Pryce was easier than Jasmine. Stil, I'm loving every bit of this game, and it's become my favourite Pokemon title by far. Since I'm not at the computer for the entire week of spring break, I'll be using my Pokewalker a shitton (already unlocked the Suburban Area) to work with kindness evolutions (Eeve has been in it since last night). Follow me on twitter if you're interested in viewing my progress. :3 Once I beat everything in SoulSilver, I'll do it all again with HeartGoldd use HeartGold for breeding/Pokethalon events and SoulSilver for battling, transferring everything non-Super-Contest-related over from Platinum.
Zekira
Meh, I'm probably just gonna rampage over HGSS' storyline with a level 100 Kingdra. By Saturday I'll probably finish everything and unlock all legendaries for RNGing.

The main reason why I'm getting HGSS anyway is that music changer thingy, the new movesets, and Pokéthlon.
Mogsy
Just rampaging through the storyline kinda ruins the entire experience. I'm enjoying running through this with Pokemon I find along the way. I'l be trading over everything as soon as I get the National Dex. I'll probably be done with normal stuff by Thursday, everything by Saturday, but I'll be enjoying every second of it.

PS Shuckle is a stall god. Wrap/Encore/Safeguard/Gastro Acid ftw.
Zekira
You forgot Acupressure
mm201

Zekira wrote:

You're gonna have to reset an average of 8192 times :P
Nope. 2731 mean since you're doing 3 at once.

Pokebis wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Post here next month when you actually get it.
@ 200 per day, it should only take 2 weeks or so.
Pokebis

Mogsworth wrote:

Since I'm not at the computer for the entire week of spring break, I'll be using my Pokewalker a shitton (already unlocked the Suburban Area) to work with kindness evolutions (Eeve has been in it since last night).
It's better not to do that unless you're really just collecting rather than putting some competitive stuff together. And I'm sure you probably know this, but just in case, your Pokemon can't Evolve or learn moves in the Pokewalker.
MMzz
At the 8th gym, gonna train Dewgong so I can icerape the dragon pokemon. And this morning my friend traded me a Porygon Z lvl 60 that I might aswell use to help elite 4 rampage.

Current Ingame Team:
Umbreon
Ampharos
Dewgong
Typhlosion
Porygon-Z (For elite 4)
Jynx (Just caught in ice-cave, gonna train)

Wifi Team:
Not assembled

After i'm done this gym I'm training more, and probaly gonna catch all the unknown. I wonder if the ! and ? are in this version?
And Zekira, you'll have to beat all the gyms to get that kingdra to obey you.

EDIT: Beat Clair on my first try lol. When your about to beat her last pokemon (kingdra) she quotes. "You're not supposed to win, I already decided! >=("
Zekira
Not if I'm the OT. :>

If you don't know how I'll do it:

1.) Make RNG'd Horsea Egg with Egg Moves in Platinum
2.) Trade Egg to SS
3.) Hatch Egg in SS
4.) Trade back to Platinum
5.) Fully Train it there
6.) Back to SS you go

This way, the OT is the trainer in SS, so the obedience restrictions will not come into play. :P
EV'ing shouldn't take more than 10 minutes, and getting it to level 100 should only take another 10 minutes.
MMzz

Zekira wrote:

Not if I'm the OT. :>

If you don't know how I'll do it:

1.) Make RNG'd Horsea Egg with Egg Moves in Platinum
2.) Trade Egg to SS
3.) Hatch Egg in SS
4.) Trade back to Platinum
5.) Fully Train it there
6.) Back to SS you go

This way, the OT is the trainer in SS, so the obedience restrictions will not come into play. :P
EV'ing shouldn't take more than 10 minutes, and getting it to level 100 should only take another 10 minutes.
Oh I see, smart one.
I'm going to need help with EV's for my wifi team, it's been awhile since i've wanted to play wifi.

Now Look at this, Only really relivent to you if you watched D-Greyman.

Morty, 4th Gym Leader: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/c ... _gym04.jpg

Lavi, Exorsist: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Hv-1mLTN7lI/S ... 0/Lavi.jpg

I think they look similar
Esupanitix
Got soulsilver, and a little secret on how to get Weedle in HeartGold and Caterpie in SoulSilver.
Do not open spoiler box if you do not want to be spoiled!
SPOILER
On a Tuesday, Thursday, or Catur- I mean Saturday, enter the contest and look for the highest level Weedle/Caterpie you can find. You have 30/20 minutes to do so. Just get it to have a larger chance of filling out your Pokedex in case the only people with the opposite version that you play with are big enough n00bs that they don't know how to catch a Pokemon, even with Lyra's/your help.

Especially do this if you are a bug fanatic!!

Aside from that, the new renovations they did made this a more touch-designed game. You can get free items from the pokewalker to sell and make the game easier by purchasing more TMs/Poke Balls/Potions/etc. Not to mention a free levelup from the pokewalker if you walk for 100/200 steps (At least for me)
Pokebis

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

Got soulsilver, and a little secret on how to get Weedle in HeartGold and Caterpie in SoulSilver.
Do not open spoiler box if you do not want to be spoiled!
SPOILER
On a Tuesday, Thursday, or Catur- I mean Saturday, enter the contest and look for the highest level Weedle/Caterpie you can find. You have 30/20 minutes to do so. Just get it to have a larger chance of filling out your Pokedex in case the only people with the opposite version that you play with are big enough n00bs that they don't know how to catch a Pokemon, even with Lyra's/your help.

Especially do this if you are a bug fanatic!!

Aside from that, the new renovations they did made this a more touch-designed game. You can get free items from the pokewalker to sell and make the game easier by purchasing more TMs/Poke Balls/Potions/etc. Not to mention a free levelup from the pokewalker if you walk for 100/200 steps (At least for me)
<persecution based on quote>
MMzz
Starting to make up a wifi team, so far i'm thinking:

Politoad: Item: Salac berry? (dunno) Water absorb ability, jolly nature.

Substitute, Belly Drum , Waterfall , Return

Gonna max the EVs on Special Attack and attack, (252)
and leave 4 on speed.

Gliscor: Item: Leftovers Sand Veil, Impish nature.

Earthquake, Roost, Stealth Rock, Arial Ace.

252 HP 216 Speed 40 Defence.

Still dunno who I'm gonna use in the party, but this is a start
MegaManEXE
Why would you use a - SpAtt nature (Jolly) and then put 252 EVs in SpAtt

And you'd better have picture perfect IVs for your build if you're going to be running Sub and Drum without any HP EVs
Zekira
Why would you use a - SpAtt nature (Jolly) and then put 252 EVs in SpAtt
This, pretty much. If you're going for mixed, you need a good balance of SpA, Atk, and Spd... but in Politoed's case, its speed tier isn't much of a good sight...

EDIT: Wait a minute, why the hell will you put Sp.A on a Pokémon that doesn't have Sp Attacks? What? Go Jolly, but pour 252 EVs on Speed, not Special Attack. well orzviously

Also, make sure your HP IV is even if you want the Sub->Belly Drum to work with Salac Berry (or if you can't be arsed to do that, pour the extra 4 EVs to HP instead, since 1 point of Speed is pretty damn pointless)

Gliscor: aerial ace
Do you really hate Heracross that much?
Mogsy
@Pokebis: I only use a Pokemon I personally won't be using for battle in it so I can catch stuff and get items. The items I've received actually helped at points, such as healing items so I could save my money for other, more important things.

@Weegee: It's too bad that A) you don't evolve or learn moves while using the Pokewalker and B) that the bugs you mentioned suck hardcore.

Also, I've been on Claire for the past few days, I've been taking a break to do workand get drunk, but never mind that. I'm going to grind a lot more and breed my Jynx. As soon as I have the TMs, though, I'm going to teach Shuckle Sandstorm and Toxic. Gotta love a Defense+/Speed- nature.
MMzz
I must have typed the EVs out wrong, let me correct myself for politoad

252 ATTACK
4 Special Defence
252 SPEED

I feel dumb, it was late, I must of not been paying attention.

and Zekira, I'm not a big harracross fan. and it's either Arial Ace, or Stone edge for Gliscor.
30 HP IV? :P
mega_mac
Yeah pokemon.... i love pokemon.... :)
xerxes_oli
You must be new new, well might as well use the revival of these threads for something, does anybody want to have wifi match on HeartGold/SoulSilver/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Gen. 4 style?