forum

A painless way to tune your beatmap's SB with new audio file

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alarido
ONCE upon a time, one of my maps and its Storyboard (just the song lyrics, yeah). After much work I've finished that SB work and it was working fine... till a Modder suggested me to change the Audio File and I did it.

The problem with the SB just began: it got untimed at a wrong offset. I got desperate! Doing a lot of calculations wasn't in my plans! (yeah, I do prefer make SB by hand instead of using the Editor). I work in a office too far my home too.

Just today, I've an :idea: !!!

Programming a tiny code among the "small breaks" at my job place I started a search to drain all pain from the whole process, and just finished the code at home. The result can be downloaded below:

Warning: use it at your own risk! And... it works on Windows versions only (tested on WinXP and Win7 -- please tell me if you ran successfully this app in a different Windows version)

A Quick Guide

"A SIMPLE GUIDE."
You must place the files together in the same folder, and Doubleclick the .exe

1. Type the .osb filename

2. Type the name for the output file (in the example was new.osb) -- just give a valid filename you want.

3. Enter the Offset (in Milliseconds). It must be an Integer. And yes you can enter a negative number.

4. The file will be processed and the output generated. The program will close automatically. The result file will be saved in the same folder.

Well, that's it. I hope it be useful.