forum

Y is it so hard to get any feedback on my map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
takkkkkk
Been about month now since I finished my 1st map, ik I'm not alone in this but making modding request and not receiving any feedback is the most frustrating thing ever. I've no doubt that some of the modders I've made request to have played through my map. BUT they still don't leave any feedback at least tell me what I need to improve to earn these HYPES.

Anyone plz just leave some feedback

beatmapsets/1002394#osu/2884215
Nao Tomori
its hard to give feedback because you're a new mapper, so the problems with your map are much more fundamental than usual modders are able to explain properly. as a result, less experienced modders don't want to mod it because they are unable to clearly explain useful improvement areas, and more experienced modders don't want to mod it because they prefer to focus on later-stage maps which would be rankable after some polishing (this map would need a full remap for rankability).

i know this is uniquely unhelpful but my advice is to study some mappers you like and try to copy their mapping over a variety of songs - don't just work on one, you won't make a map that will get ranked for quite a while, so instead of focusing on that focus more on improving in mapping as fast as possible instead