forum

Mapping objectives copy-paste why i cant copy paste something from the other maps

posted
Total Posts

Mapping objectives copy-paste

Why i can't copy paste some slider or hitcircle from the other maps?
30.00%
-its because the lock notes
0.00%
-beacuse osu! does not allow this
70.00%
Total votes: 10
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Nagareochiru
Why i can't copy paste some slider or hitcircle from the other maps?
sisig
Generally, plagiarising certain patterns, sections or slider shapes is frowned upon because well, it's plagiarism. Even if you properly credit it, there's still no improvement for you.
Copy-pasting objects from another map puts the mapper you're copying from in an awkward position too and may impact your community reputation.

(Also punishable - wiki/en/Rules#beatmap-submission-rules)
Fu Xuan
why do u suddenly assume he's gonna plagiarize maps :/

what if he just wants to copy his map to a new osz or smth, and no i dont rly think copying slidershapes makes u instantly bad as everyone does the same cool slidershapes even if through inspiration. if you mean sliderart sure, but slidershapes, nah not really.
Runigh
(I'm not actually sure if I should share it or not :monkaS: but here goes)

You can actually try that by going to the song folder of a map, copy+paste the file (or maybe just put the actual file of the map) to the map you want to copy+paste a thing with and you'll end up with this kind of mapset https://prnt.sc/11aihqv

Now you can copy the entire map or just a slider or something and just press ctrl+o to the diff you want then paste it there and maybe put the file back to it's original folder.