forum

[Archived] annoying glitch when pausing a game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
this glitch seems to happen when you pause the game by pressing ESC with "disable mouse buttons" option enabled. when your cursor is on the right place it immediately clicks either of the three options (continue, restart, and back to main menu) even though you aren't clicking/pressing anything.

it becomes especially annoying when you want to do something like quit the game then the game automatically restarts the map for you instead, etc.

i'm using a last-gen Bamboo pen and touch if that helps.

EDIT: i think i get it now. i can replicate the glitch anytime by hold-tapping the pen then press ESC. it also happens on mouse by holding click before hitting ESC (assuming your cursor is aiming at any of the pause menu buttons when doing thi. also remember i have the mouse button DISABLED at the options)
XPJ38
When I was playing with my Bamboo I didn't have that problem iirc. Also a friend of mine never warned me of that issue yet he esc->retry intensively :?

Are you sure you don't accidentally tap the tablet after pausing or press one of the buttons of your pen? You must be doing something that Windows recognizes as a click.
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
i'm pretty sure i'm not pressing anything after i hit ESC at the middle of a song. it seems that the game recognizes releasing ESC as a click that's probably why this occurs.
TheVileOne
It's not happening to me. When you press escape does any of the input buttons light up?
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
what do you mean "light up"? o-o

i tried replicating the problem, it doesn't seem to work on easy maps. it happens frequently though on fast maps like the insane ones.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
i probably won't have time to test that on every map i have, but i dont think it's a problem specific to maps. i forgot to point out that it also happens on easy maps with DT/NC (possibly HR too) mod on or on the ones with fast slider/approach speeds.

i also have a theory that this glitch is similar to this in a way too. t/127632 . i mean in a way that osu! spazzes when you send too many requests to it in a very short time.

EDIT: i replicated the glitch on this map https://osu.ppy.sh/b/52459&m=0 by doing this:

> DT mod on
> pressed ESC right after the first spinner ended
> it automatically clicked RETRY because my cursor is positioned at where the RETRY button appears
> i can only replicate this glitch on my bamboo pen&touch. i can't do it on the mouse either it doesn't work there or i suck at spinners when using a mouse ;__;

EDIT 2: it also happens even without DT mod on! i'm starting to believe this problem is specific to pen tablets

EDIT 3: i think i get it now. i can replicate the glitch anytime by hold-tapping the pen then press ESC. it also happens on mouse by holding click before hitting ESC (assuming your cursor is aiming at any of the pause menu buttons when doing thi. also remember i have the mouse button DISABLED at the options)
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
it would be great if this is confirmed and moved to at least "low priority".