forum

[web] Filter on Modding Queues subforum

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +19
Topic Starter
Maiz94
Why am I always requesting for filter? lel

Anyway, as the topic said,

As you guys know, there are 4 modes to filter the queues :

1) Standard
2) Taiko
3) Catch The Beat
4) osu!mania

It would be easier to find for the specific modes rather than finding the mixed up modes in 1 single subforum.

bmin11 wrote:

2. Open & Closed

This is a less of a problem then the above, but it is still present. People seem to having a hard time noticing the [CLOSED] on the thread title and I can see why. If we could have some kind of identification (like a star symbol or heart or anything), it may help the problem. Again, it also helps people navigating through the forum.
Also, Pyakura PM'ed me and said :

Pyakura wrote:

This feature could be applied to every beatmap-related forums and it would make things clearer, without having to edit the title itself since that would make a duiplicate.
chaotic_iak
This requires setting up a machine-readable system that says which modes a mod queue accepts. Or otherwise make four subforums, for each queue.

The only con with the system idea is that it needs some time to develop. The only con with the subforum idea is that queues cannot have multiple modes, but then each person can simply make one queue each. Yeah, I support it.

But then, can't you open the threads and see the first posts? There shouldn't be too many active queues out there that you'll open 50 threads...right?
Topic Starter
Maiz94

chaotic_iak wrote:

But then, can't you open the threads and see the first posts? There shouldn't be too many active queues out there that you'll open 50 threads...right?
That might be true but,

Opening them one by one is a bit more time consuming than finding the related mode that you want to post your map to be mod on a thread in just one single click if the filter is enabled.
TheVileOne
This would be difficult to implement and largely unnecessary. You could just as well use the search function to find topics that mention a gamemode and then you can bookmark those threads. I just thought about the possibility of filtering bookmarked threads. It would still be difficult to implement, but it would be more useful across the whole forum rather than a single topic board.

Edit: I just realized the redundancy of my idea. You can locally view bookmarked threads. There would be no need for a filter. I'm pretty sure bookmarks on this forum aren't as robust to allow us to view them directly on the forum. I just checked and you can indeed view a list of watched threads, and add bookmarks. i don't really know the difference between watching a thread and bookmarking it.

Go to settings to view either.
theowest
I guess it would be nice to be given checkbox options for each game mode when creating a new topic in that forum. Maybe have it apply to the title of their mod queue.
bmin11
Honestly, the way modding queue forum is running right now is near unusable if you are looking for specific game mods (taiko/ctb/mania).

If people could simply add something like [Taiko] on their title and changes into

even that would help.
PyaKura
BUMP BUMP BUMP

y u people no support dis

Seriously, this is a must have. Adding a filter of some sort would be pretty neat.

Edit : Take a look here.

This feature would make things easier for everybody.

Edit 2 : And I know a filter already exists on the website but it is very unpractical IMO, and hardly anybody uses it. If it was implemented in the forums though, I'm pretty sure it would be used by everyone.

Edit 3 : And make it not only for the modding queues, but for the whole beatmaps forum (WIP/Pending/Approved).

Yes I know I edit a lot.

Edit 4 : Heck I'm even gonna put all my remaining stars in this feature request, as it is the only thing I really really want to see right now.
Zak
This feature would help organize modding queue's as well as keep pending maps more organized for people looking to mod, it should be relatively simple for pending maps as it automatically displays which modes there are difficulties for, and for modding queue's maybe just add a toggle feature for each thread so each person can just toggle each mode they'll mod for.
yurunneram
I wish I had a vote available for this.

Forum 60 should have special treatment because looking for the right queue in a forum thread is extremely inconvenient right now. I personally think that the creators of the thread (only specially for forum 60) should have the ability to lock and unlock their thread whenever they want to prevent idiots who can't count or read that the queue is CLOSED and the queue doesn't OVERFLOW with requests
neonat
Don't forget about GDs/Collabs as well as checks for Storyboards, which some queues do
yurunneram
neo, it would be great if jya starred for this request on my behalf :>
neonat

yurunneram wrote:

b-b-b-ut, votes!
yurunneram

neonat wrote:

yurunneram wrote:

b-b-b-ut, votes!
But mods!!!! OAO Onegaaaiiiiiiiiiii