forum

Question about modding and M4M

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HyperLan
Should I ask for M4Ms as I am just starting out mapping and I have no idea of how good my mapping actually is.
When should I consider myself capable of giving meaningful comments on someone else's mapping?

I'm asking that because I have nothing against trying to do M4M's but I don't want to look like a fool not helping the other mapper at all.
Thank you in advance for all your answers !
Asphiee
Yea, i think you should do NMs for now,but m4m for a mapper that is also fairly new to the Mapping scene. though that's just my take, havnt modded for months now
Topic Starter
HyperLan
So nm is like asking someone to be your sensei master but m4m is like both of you have to be at the same level to learn from each other? Am I understanding correctly?
Asphiee
uhhh kinda... i mean m4ms u expec the one moddin ur stuf to be at leas helpful or kno wat he doin, so nobody wanna m4m wit somebody that doznt kno wat he talkin...nms r like if u lazy or u wana play it safe
DeletedUser_13957006
nm = normal mod. the person mods your map and doesn't expect anything more (other than kudosu maybe). m4m = mod 4 mod. that is when both parties exchange mods.

new mappers and modders do nm, as well as m4m. experienced mappers and modders do nm, as well as m4m.

that's it
Sugar_owo

Aiq wrote:

nm = normal mod. the person mods your map and doesn't expect anything more (other than kudosu maybe). m4m = mod 4 mod. that is when both parties exchange mods.

new mappers and modders do nm, as well as m4m. experienced mappers and modders do nm, as well as m4m.

that's it
yeah, to make it more simple
TheKingHenry
typically it's nice if you are sort of on "same enough" level when doing M4M so that you can actually both benefit from the exchange, but it's not really a necessity or that important, just something you can think about if you yourself want to. Most people won't frown at you offering M4M, regardless of your skill level, and you yourself modding is good for your learning experience as well. Personally I do M4M quite regularly from my queue with people that have perhaps less experience than me, and it's completely fine. Do remember to check for possible preferences though, some people may explicitly state that they want people to be experienced for M4M
Asphiee

TheKingHenry wrote:

typically it's nice if you are sort of on "same enough" level when doing M4M so that you can actually both benefit from the exchange, but it's not really a necessity or that important, just something you can think about if you yourself want to. Most people won't frown at you offering M4M, regardless of your skill level, and you yourself modding is good for your learning experience as well. Personally I do M4M quite regularly from my queue with people that have perhaps less experience than me, and it's completely fine. Do remember to check for possible preferences though, some people may explicitly state that they want people to be experienced for M4M
^