forum

CtB Discrimination [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
It's a bit problematic that only regular osu! counts for your ranked score; ss/s/a count; achievements etc etc... Cause, what if some of us are better at CtB that we are at regular osu!? There are certainly people who are better at osu! than they are at CtB. Yet they get the advantage because it actually counts. People like ledzur, who do everything on CtB, are quite low rank just because it doesn't count. However the total score and 300/100/50/miss count does reflect the CtB making it look like we have an extremely low rank for our uber high level. Soo.... I think this should be solved.
peppy
CtB will eventually have its own ranked score.
KawaiiLily

peppy wrote:

CtB will eventually have its own ranked score.

uhm... Weeks, months??? :(
peppy
months
KawaiiLily

peppy wrote:

months
Aw.. ok..
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi
*pant pant* Relieved to hear that it's coming... eventually. ^^
ToRMeNToR_84
meh, I think Osu! should stick to Osu!, all those added games (Taiko and CTB) should be games of their own if you ask me.
Ekaru

ToRMeNToR_84 wrote:

meh, I think Osu! should stick to Osu!, all those added games (Taiko and CTB) should be games of their own if you ask me.
Good thing we're not asking you. ^_^

CTB and Taiko work well by using osu! beatmaps. If they were separate, they'd have a pitifully small selection of songs to choose from, not to mention would probably not be as organized. <_<; I sleep easier at night knowing that the beatmaps I make can be used for a total of *3* games. To each their own, I guess. But it doesn't really affect you by having those games in there, since they're all pretty different and don't affect osu! itself, except for having a 'special' tab, which you can easily ignore.

'Sides, it would impress employers more this way, but don't tell anyone that.
Gemi

Ekaru wrote:

But it doesn't really affect you by having those games in there, since they're all pretty different and don't affect osu! itself, except for having a 'special' tab, which you can easily ignore.
Except they affect some of the player stats. I think no one would have problems after the stats were separate.
Dean
Playing CtB has decimated my 'efficiency' stat and boosted my level very high.
KawaiiLily

Dean7599 wrote:

Playing CtB has decimated my 'efficiency' stat and boosted my level very high.
Yes indeed....
But lets wait 2-3 months maybe 4 and we'll see. :)
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

Daniellynet wrote:

Yes indeed....
But lets wait 2-3 months maybe 4 and we'll see. :)
Hopefully only 2. Even so, our already SS'd maps probably won't count unless we do them again, and that'd be an agonizing process, especially for the 7mins ones or the really hard ones.
KawaiiLily
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Sleep Powder
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Score_Under

peppy wrote:

months
What's the problem? I don't mean to be naïve, but it shouldn't be too difficult, right? All it takes is another command for the bancho service, and to add up the scores and spit them from the database when the userpage is viewed... or is it deeper than that?
LuigiHann
I think it's more a matter where peppy has months worth of more important things to do
peppy

Score_Under wrote:

What's the problem? I don't mean to be naïve, but it shouldn't be too difficult, right? All it takes is another command for the bancho service, and to add up the scores and spit them from the database when the userpage is viewed... or is it deeper than that?
There is quite a bit that needs to be done behind the scenes. It is no five-minute task.
CheeseWarlock
This isn't discrimination, by the way. CtB players aren't a religious or racial group or anything close to that; they're people who play a minigame. CtB ranking would be nice, but it's not unfair that it's not here yet.
Ryuukun
right now i disagree with CtB becoming ranked.
Simply because this game doesn't has any accuracy.
Topic Starter
Kitsunemimi

CheeseWarlock wrote:

This isn't discrimination, by the way. CtB players aren't a religious or racial group or anything close to that; they're people who play a minigame. CtB ranking would be nice, but it's not unfair that it's not here yet.
I understand why we don't have CtB rankings, but I just called this thread discrimination because it's an exaggeration.
Ekaru

Ryuukun wrote:

right now i disagree with CtB becoming ranked.
Simply because this game doesn't has any accuracy.
This has got to be the silliest comment I've read on these forums for who knows how long.

CtB has accuracy. Horray! 'Sides, a separate ranking wouldn't affect you too much, except for updates.
Ryuukun
check how long players like ledzur play CtB.
Maybe a year?
CtB as it is now, is limited.
I played it for 6-8 months activ myself and was already top 5.
I was able to easily SS the hardest songs and you tell me it has accuracy?
Dean
Accuracy means next to nothing on CtB, it's not unrealistic to C songs and beat S's.
peppy
Oh come on you retards. If you aren't having fun playing then DON'T PLAY. What is this accuracy bullshit?

I'm locking this thread before it gets out of control.