forum

Boop boop boop

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
We need the option to make boop-boop-boop sliders, for soft/slow songs.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGI7LQSOXBk

Every time I hear that song, it sounds hollow without the boop boop boop.
peppy
Sorry but I don't completely follow ^^;
ZZT the Fifth
I think he means we need a custom soft soundset with the sounds from the first segment of that song.

(Personally, I do think we need some closer-to-the-original soft soundsets... and maybe an EBA soundset too. But nobody's started on 'em yet...)
peppy
Kinda strange hey.. I thought they would be done in the early stages of community development too :P. I guess sooner or later we'll get some original samplesets...
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
I'm working on an EBA set now. I was able to re-encode them properly. How do I skin the soft sounds?
peppy
I have a feeling I need to modify the osu! client code a bit to get this working for skins. For the time being, you can drop the sounds in a beatmap's folder, with the following structure:

for all normal (loud) samples add normal- before them
for all soft samples add soft- before them
Phrygian
I agree, the "boop boop boop"s should be added in... but noone's mentioned the problem of pitch...
Boop boop boops in You're the Inspiration play tones that are pleasing and match with the song. They're really simple, but this does bring up that we'd need a boop for every note. xP
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
I was looking at this when I was making the soft set, and it is an odd situation. While I don't think we'd need one for every note (although there should probably be a small variety), they do need to be placed sparingly, and only in certain parts of certain types of songs. That, combined with the fact that the boop noise is basically a special slider tick sound, does suggest that they'd need to be their own category, rather than a skin for another type of sound.

To be honest, though, I don't see it as a big deal anymore. They're a pretty rare occurrence in the actual games, and it's probably more complicated than is worthwhile.