ikin5050
red notes : sd
blue notes : jk
Chokladboll
what is up with all the dd/kk setups?
D1ddy_

Chokladboll wrote:

I'd have to ask what's with all of the kddk setups myself (outside of the fact that it's default and slightly closer to an actual taiko drum). I'm pretty new but I've been playing ddkk for most of my time in taiko, trying out kddk right now. So far it's made most of the patterns I come across a lot harder (notably ddkkddkk and any stream where you switch between streaming d and k, kkd, even ddd) and usually if it doesn't they seem to be about the same (ddk, dkdk)

I can stream faster but it comes at the cost of control and accuracy A lot of that is probably just unfamiliarity with the style, but I feel like a lot of the more basic patterns in kddk are straight up harder than in ddkk where most combinations of xxx can just be rolled down your keyboard. One thing I have noticed is that my recovery from said patterns is better. When using ddkk it was never the patterns that were a problem, just the things that came after it and recovering from them. Kind of the opposite with kddk

Edit: forgot to post my key config
Was using xc↓ → (ddkk)
now xc↓ (kddk)
karterfreak

D1ddy_ wrote:

Chokladboll wrote:

I'd have to ask what's with all of the kddk setups myself (outside of the fact that it's default and slightly closer to an actual taiko drum). I'm pretty new but I've been playing ddkk for most of my time in taiko, trying out kddk right now. So far it's made most of the patterns I come across a lot harder (notably ddkkddkk and any stream where you switch between streaming d and k, kkd, even ddd) and usually if it doesn't they seem to be about the same (ddk, dkdk)

I can stream faster but it comes at the cost of control and accuracy A lot of that is probably just unfamiliarity with the style, but I feel like a lot of the more basic patterns in kddk are straight up harder than in ddkk where most combinations of xxx can just be rolled down your keyboard. One thing I have noticed is that my recovery from said patterns is better. When using ddkk it was never the patterns that were a problem, just the things that came after it and recovering from them. Kind of the opposite with kddk
Let me just fill you in right now as one of the top ddkk players in the game. ddkk sucks majorly at a higher level. It's an ass ton easier to hit mono colour streams in the default playstyle than it is with ddkk at 240 BPM and beyond (playing with 2 hands compared to 1). Patterns also get a LOT more awkward around 280-300bpm range for ddkk compared to what it is for a kddk player that learned all of these patterns through alternating. I've had to completely relearn some patterns with ddkk to actually play stuff at 280-300 as my methods for hitting them just don't work at that bpm. With kddk, the method you use to hit them is always the same (assuming you're alternating) so its 100% about hand dexterity and speed instead of gimmicky knowledge of how to adjust your pattern playing when it just gets too fast.

As an example, I had to change my keys to be closer (fghj keys) just so that I could play 250+ bpm mono colour streams for an extended period of time by bringing one of my hands over to the other key to play those sections with both hands like you would by default with kddk. Another example is 280BPM+ dkd dkd dkd. If you play that with ddkk and you don't alternate the dons, it gets incredibly jarring. Playing it with kddk? you would just alternate dkd, going from say.... left hand -> right hand -> left hand for the first one, right hand -> left hand -> right hand for the second one, and then repeat for however many repeats of it there are. There's no jarring of your hands there because you start on a different hand for each pattern.

tl;dr of all of the above:

ddkk is easier to learn but hits a serious wall that can't be broken through without insane hand speed. kddk is harder to learn but if you learn it properly (full alt) you'll be a god at this game as hand speed is a less limiting factor.
roufou
and must all ddkk pride end that day

on topic: QWOP
kouzuki_karen
D F Num6 Add
Ekoro
zxcv with azerty keyboard

yeah so the "z" key is away compared to others keys but i'm used to it
Kurokotei
dfjk

classic key config I suppose
Mr Capuce
centre left = s
centre right = d
rim left = ;
rim right = '
AJ-FreakS
KDDK >>> AS ./ 8-)
XOlifreX
qs lm

Azerty Keyboard, because belg :oops:
Pochacco
K . L . 4 . 5 KDDK

sometimes Z . X . N . M

Depends the condition on my keyboard :D
Raiden
KDDK

Z X, . :p
black_arachnia
Used to play the default zxcv but the keys were too close and felt weird so I changed it to dfjk and I've been succeeding at most oni songs since then. :)
Zetera
A S ; '
- Love1yV1ruS -
F V N J
[Ayase Eli]
D FJ K

Coming from mania, this was my 4k finger setup haha. I tried to play with the dons and kats on the same side, but it was visually confusing for me so I swapped, makes more sense for the rim to be the outer keys anyways.
Korakov
Change it from D F J K to M , . / since the default key is dying (stuck because mineral oil)
DFJK still works as usual but kinda heavy.
Riyukii
Old: D FJ K
New: 2 39 0
^_^
AJ-FreakS
This is my new config: Z XN M
Minhtam
Wow, nobody uses THIS configuration?

Center Left: Numpad 4
Center Right: Numpad 5
Rim Left: Numpad 1
Rim Right: Numpad 2

(left hand is inactive)
karterfreak

minhtam1638 wrote:

Wow, nobody uses THIS configuration?

Center Left: Numpad 4
Center Right: Numpad 5
Rim Left: Numpad 1
Rim Right: Numpad 2

(left hand is inactive)
This is pretty similar to my kddk playstyle when I'm playing index only. Only difference is num1 / num2 are dons and num4 / num5 are kats.
Xanaehla
Default -> Z, X, C, V
skystorms88
(DDKK) mode:

A S J K enjoying geki/katu with this
[-Sneaky-]
DD-zx
KK-cv

;x
Intelli
LRim: N
RRim: M
LCenter: Z
RCenter: X
Effy
sdbn
Grimbow
as'\
Conor
xtrem3x

D H
C N

obviously for this ...

zmv
One-handed kddk on ASDF. I just began though and I wonder whether I should play with both hands.
tiamus
kddk

sc bn
Best playstyle!
Xlash2
DFJK. Osu!mania config.
Axiaan
I have 2 configs :
DF KO
DF KO

I don't know which config is the best. :/
Intelli
I've been theroycrafting and I've come up with

q a x d

Its a bit awkward at first, but it's really fun once you get used to it.
-Rizkybest9-
erio
show more