forum

question about the dash

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Perfektion
Acutally I wanted to ask if there is any other person out there who is not using the dash but is holding the dash button all the time.
Is this a bad way to play CTB? Because I do it for so long my brain can't take it without dash anymore, the thing is so slow.
I never saw any rule about it or that you should not do it. But it does not really make any difference in gameplay other than I am just used to the dash speed. At least in the difficult maps you use dash all the time anyway.
Sugar_owo
i used to, and it never helped me. in easy maps just try to take it slow, not dashing the whole time.
I CAN FC
dont do that
Joon Yorigami
ok let me explain why using dash all the time is bad.

in my opinion, dashing should only be used in "jumps" that require them. Why would ne not use it all the time you ask? because if you always dash, you would have a harder time hitting the "bursts" because you would almost always overshoot, plus it's ridiculously hard to time jumps with that since the hit window is very small, maybe in low maps it doesn't make a difference but in higher sr it definitely does. So basically: dash for long jumps, then not use dash for precision and aim.
Nuuskamuikkunen
You should get accustomed to use dash only when necessary, you'll notice you won't need it as much as you'd think at least in easier maps.
Topic Starter
Perfektion
But Guys I don't have any problems with using dash all the time. In fact I do it for years playing osu almost a decade.
I get that people have problems with the speed but I don't. I play high ranked star maps with no problem even with hyperfruits. There not hard to time mostly.

My question was mostly if it really is a problem gameplaywise even if it does not infect me at all. Like some say cheating or something like that.
HecaRegina
I just want to say that the fact that everyone is going against you and you still say nothing is wrong is really something I can applaud for holding on to your stance.

I would at least want to listen to these people even once to try out if it's really an issue or not that stems from your play.

Take it as something new to try. You never know.
I CAN FC

Scorpionsstachel wrote:

There not hard to time mostly.
i dont think so

Scorpionsstachel wrote:

if it really is a problem gameplay wise
if you just dash all for fun and without any want to be higher, then no
Chatie
Holding dash is a fun player gimmick, ofc its better to learn when to release/hold dash but if youre enjoying it go for it.

I know Noble does this playstyle and its doable, you just get really low acc
MrSparklepants
I'm not catch expert as I play EZHT, but if you want good accuracy and want consistency I'd say it's best to learn when and when not to dash.
Going to your original question though, no it won't affect you in ways such as people calling you a cheater.

At the end of the day just play how you want to play
Topic Starter
Perfektion
Thank you for your replies. I will try to learn how to dash when it is needed. Tho it is really hard now. I tried just to play a easy map without dashing and my muscle memory is killing me haha. The catcher is so slow.
But I still will play more with dashing. It is not like I want to be super good at the game I just want a fun time. But it can also be fun to learn new things :3
LyronXXX
There are currently no ranked maps out there requiering this, but there are some loved maps containing hyperwalks, which consists of hyperfruits, but can only be walked, not dashed. So this is the limit.

That being said, it's fun to play dash only, it just adds another layer of difficulty to patterns which are designed for a walk: Instead of just holding left/right you must tap multiple times here which can also be quite antiflowish.
Dedot
Hi, im one of the player that hold dash the entire time :D (a.k.a 1-dash-only)

It's not a bad way to play. In fact, 1 dash only is one of the way to cheese hard maps. A lot of my top pp scores are 1-dash-only plays, some of them are:

Like what the other people said, you should and only use dash for notes that you can't reach without using dash, and if you hold the dash the entire time, you are gonna overshoot a lot of walk/normal pattern because you move too fast, and holding dash the entire time is not a good way to improve your skills, because you will have a hard time catching patterns on higher difficulty.

But, it doesn't mean you are prohibited to play with that style. If you feel comfortable and enjoy playing ctb with that style, then go for it! In the end it's you that decide how you gonna play and enjoy the game ;)

also you can ask me if you have some question about the 1-dash style. good luck! :D