forum

Few suggestions about beatmap forum policies.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
minyeob
1. Kudo Stars should be limited
Kudosu system's final goal is giving a mod feel to normal users, not rasing kudosu hunter's beatmap's attention.

2.BAT's beatmap needs at least 2 normal user stars
All of beatmap needs to hear normal user's opinion.

Added already.

3. New suggestion-> Uploading beatmaps to their country's beatmap notice board(Add Beatmap forums by each country)
Non-English mapper should get the attention....... But it's so hard! We need a countermeasure(?)

Example-> German beatmaps
Chinese beatmaps
Japanese beatmaps
Korean beatmaps
Italian beatmaps
Russian beatmaps etc. etc.
Beatmappers can upload to these areas by BSS.
This fourms should be added on beatmap fourms.

*Strong points
1. Pending beatmaps can be cleaned.
2. Non-English Mappers can get the attention much easier.

*Weak points
1. Complicated :(
2. This will make a problem with English mappers.

And...... we have to add a moderator on each countries' beatmap forums.
Moderator can approve/move their countries' beatmapper's map to Pending beatmaps.
Don't worry! BAT can approve these beatmaps, either.

Well, I wrote this topic so rapidly. So it'll have a lot of grammer errors. Please understand it :) I'm so busy
anonymous_old

minyeob wrote:

Kudosu system's final goal is giving a mod feel to normal users, not rasing kudosu hunter's beatmap's attention.
I'm unsure what you mean by this point. Can you elaborate on what the problem is, and suggest a possible (and more specific) solution?

minyeob wrote:

2. BAT's beatmap needs at least 2 normal user stars
Agreed. Maybe more stars, like 5, from "normal users." Note this means users starring, not the number of stars. Also, this should apply to non-BAT beatmaps as well.

minyeob wrote:

3. New suggestion-> Uploading beatmaps to their country's beatmap notice board(Add Beatmap forums by each country)
Non-English mapper should get the attention....... But it's so hard! We need a countermeasure(?)
How is it hard? Translators aren't THAT bad. I've modded some maps not of my language quite well (though a human translator was needed for some things like explaining how to retime).
RemmyX25

minyeob wrote:

I disagree, if players play a map and say its fun, that can still help the mapper. Also, if people modding the maps say that they find no problems, they still took the time to look at the map.

minyeob wrote:

2. BAT's beatmap needs at least 2 normal user stars
Thats changed now, so 8 stars are required for ANY map to be bubbled.

minyeob wrote:

Just because you speak a different language, what makes you so much different from those who do speak native english? We're all the same, so you really shouldnt automatically get priority any more than an english speaker does, and vis versa (meaning english speakers do not get automatic priority over non-english speakers)

minyeob wrote:

Chinese beatmaps
Japanese beatmaps
Korean beatmaps
Italian beatmaps
Again, i think this is unnecessary, and actually widens the division between languages
Gabi
i agree at some points...

Just because you speak a different language, what makes you so much different from those who do speak native english? We're all the same, so you really shouldnt automatically get priority any more than an english speaker does, and vis versa (meaning english speakers do not get automatic priority over non-english speakers)
i don't think he meant that non english should get priority, but heres the thing. non english people have a harder time understanding the modders post sometimes, thus having a harder time getting it ranked. which is frustrating. also some people seems to dislike modding certain maps because 1. the mapper (uhh) can't speak good english. 2. the map looks like to much work for them because it's bad.

you can't really ASK them to become better at english. and no one makes a perfect map for the first time, but it might get much better in the future.

basicly they don't give them a chance. think for yourself how it feels to get neglected. with some help it can become a good map but they don't really get a chance.

well this is just how i see it. not trying to argue or anything
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

also some people seems to dislike modding certain maps because 1. the mapper (uhh) can't speak good english.
So you're saying many modders are biased against non-English mappers? I'd have to disagree on this one.

Gabi wrote:

2. the map looks like to much work for them because it's bad.
What's that have to do with language?

Gabi wrote:

basicly they don't give them a chance. think for yourself how it feels to get neglected. with some help it can become a good map but they don't really get a chance.
I don't mean to offend, but some people just don't try. So why should we try for them?
(This isn't common, though; most non-native speakers I have met try very much and succeed in communicating almost all of their ideas without the aid of a human translator.)

Really, I see you (Gabi) are making language an excuse for not gaining attention. I don't see this negative-attention-getting you're talking about happening, and I also don't see how implementing multiple language boards would solve this problem. (Read: needs more clarification on what, how, and why.)

By RemmyX25's comment, I'm even more confused about the first point. xD Clarify?
0_o
I think what he means by the first point is to make it so you can only star your own map x amount of times
Gabi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
fufe

minyeob wrote:

I thought the final goal was give and receive. You give out mods/help and receive attention. Mappers get the mod they were looking for and you get to promote your own map. If someone spends a ton of time gathering kudos then let them use it.

2.BAT's beatmap needs at least 2 normal user stars

Added already.

Lots of english mappers do not get attention also. Just fyi. I couldnt get anywhere without kudos system (and now in game chat)

Chinese beatmaps
Japanese beatmaps
Korean beatmaps
Italian beatmaps

Or... encourage them to use thier IRC channel or language forum if they have it? It seems that the issue here is mappers finding modders of the same country. Can you just promote your map in the chat or forums provided? Creating seperate beatmap forums will probably give them less attention. Most of the random mods I've done were for people that i do not think speak english as 1st language. I wouldnt have a reason to look into any of those language beatmap threads no matter how good the maps there might be. Also, its bad enough getting through one pending/approval, you want another one just for non english maps?
maybe edited request should be, search map by country?