forum

[resolved] osu sensitivity is not the same in osu lazer someone help pls

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sword092
Problem details:

I entered osu lazer but my sensitivity is very high, but I put it like normal osu, I would like to know how to fix it because apparently it is the same, but it is not, if someone knows how to fix it thanks

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20210316 (latest)
wowcake
It does appear that the sensitivity is slightly different between osu!stable and osu!lazer.

Try to raise/lower the sensivity by 0.5x to 1x
Topic Starter
Sword092
it worked thanks.
Cydr
Necro-ing this as I had the same issue, and it came up on google. I believe sensitivity should be the same. The problem is the letter-boxing and resolution is implemented differently in lazer.

1. To keep your sens from stable to lazer, set your resolution to the native resolution of your monitor.
2. Adjust horizontal and vertical position to the middle values to center your play area.
3. Adjust horizontal and vertical scale to get the letter-boxing effect in stable.

4. Bonus setting, set your Frame Limiter to "Basically Unlimited" instead of "4x refresh rate." I think I noticed a difference in input lag.

The actual reason the sens feels different is because if you set a lower resolution in lazer, your dpi will be affected greatly because resolution is handled differently (notice the pixellation in lazer, whereas a letter-boxed, low resolution will still look crisp on stable). In stable, you can set the resolution to 1280x1024 instead of your native resolution which will do the letter boxing, but it still renders the game using your native resolution from one of the settings. Setting the resolution 1280x1024 on lazer is not necessarily the same as a 1280x1024 osu! stable rendering at native resolution. After fixing these issues, lazer has become much more playable and easier to migrate to with a mouse. Without messing around with these settings, it was just unplayable.

Lazer Settings
https://imgur.com/N2bclWl

Stable Settings
https://imgur.com/0mLYPwr

To get your letterbox conversion. My native resolution is 2560x1440. To preserve stable's 1280x1024:

1280/2560 = 50% horizontal scaling
1024/1440 = 71% vertical scaling
n1moro

Cydr wrote:

Necro-ing this as I had the same issue, and it came up on google. I believe sensitivity should be the same. The problem is the letter-boxing and resolution is implemented differently in lazer.

1. To keep your sens from stable to lazer, set your resolution to the native resolution of your monitor.
2. Adjust horizontal and vertical position to the middle values to center your play area.
3. Adjust horizontal and vertical scale to get the letter-boxing effect in stable.

4. Bonus setting, set your Frame Limiter to "Basically Unlimited" instead of "4x refresh rate." I think I noticed a difference in input lag.

The actual reason the sens feels different is because if you set a lower resolution in lazer, your dpi will be affected greatly because resolution is handled differently (notice the pixellation in lazer, whereas a letter-boxed, low resolution will still look crisp on stable). In stable, you can set the resolution to 1280x1024 instead of your native resolution which will do the letter boxing, but it still renders the game using your native resolution from one of the settings. Setting the resolution 1280x1024 on lazer is not necessarily the same as a 1280x1024 osu! stable rendering at native resolution. After fixing these issues, lazer has become much more playable and easier to migrate to with a mouse. Without messing around with these settings, it was just unplayable.

Lazer Settings
https://imgur.com/N2bclWl

Stable Settings
https://imgur.com/0mLYPwr

To get your letterbox conversion. My native resolution is 2560x1440. To preserve stable's 1280x1024:

1280/2560 = 50% horizontal scaling
1024/1440 = 71% vertical scaling
it worked thanks!