forum

Locked tutorial for multiple game modes.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ic3me3o
I would like to express my concern of the community of Osu!. I have been exposed to multiple game modes, some without the knowledge of Osu!, some with the knowledge. I have been progressing myself to being able to understand the different types of mechanics that is set upon the mappers expense, and the conversions expense. I have learned that converts versus actual mappers is highly different, and even though they can express a type of progress towards ones overall capabilities towards Osu! I digress...

Whenever an individual downloads Osu!, they are pushed towards standard, and even though it is shown that you can change game modes, it isn't really aware as being able to change the game modes to begin with... So, those that download Osu! just to play standard, has the concept of rage quitting before they even try different game modes... Having a variety of tutorials towards the game modes would promote a sense of equal terms towards Osu! as a whole, rather than a subjected concept towards just one game mode. Even though the capabilities are still the same, limiting an individuals concept towards whether they play one specific game mode, versus another, is potentially dismissing the potential of people that may want to try making maps for different game modes. It's something that's looked forward to, but it shouldn't be a forced concept, individuals shouldn't be forced to make what they want to make.

In the end, there's an expression of game balances that hasn't really been established, I can understand if the game Osu! is going to revolve solely on standard, but if it wants to, there's more capabilities towards the game if it has been expressed on multiple game modes, rather than the solo gameplay of standard. All in all, this is just an opinion, and shouldn't be taken serious, unless majority of the population wants to establish an equal terminology towards the whole ranking community, and the untapped capabilities that new players may have to put into a more enjoyable competitive concept.

This is BreakerAlphani expressing my concerns, and I hope that maybe in the near future it wouldn't be taken in vain, and considered in the near future of new updates to broaden the horizons of our community in Osu!.

Thanks for reading and happy gaming everyone.
abraker

BreakerAlphani wrote:

Whenever an individual downloads Osu!, they are pushed towards standard, and even though it is shown that you can change game modes, it isn't really aware as being able to change the game modes to begin with...
When I first downloaded osu! I gravitated toward mania within 4 hours. Idk anybody who played this game for a few days at least who isn't aware there are multiple gamemodes, and when you aware of that you would figure out how to play them. I have a hard time believing that new people downloading the game for the first time being sucked to standard gamemode because of this.
Topic Starter
Ic3me3o
Well, I would assure you, that I myself have ran into individuals that didn't know about all the different types of game modes in Osu! Just recently, when I was playing osu, and one of my friends wanted to watch me play, since I do play multiple modes, he was astonished at the fact that there are different ways to play Osu! And from that he found a game mode that he would prefer rather than the original standard.
wowcake
I discovered Taiko (not my main gamemode though, still prefer standard) within the first hour of opening osu!, You would probably be curious on what does something do, and eventually ended up figuring it out, I also have a friend who i told to download osu! and suddenly the next day he's an osu!mania main. Just because Standard is the default gamemode doesn't mean that you'd get sucked into Standard and ended up not playing other gamemodes, At the end, nobody is forced to play Standard.